Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Message Wall

vanoobvanoob New
edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Message Wall

Comments

• Looks very promising, I'll give it a go. Thanks :)
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Not bad, I'll try it out!
  • hi, I'm getting an error after enabling the extension: Notice: Undefined index: USER_WALL_FORCE in extensions/MessageWall/default.php on line 213 # Force Wall Status to Public
  • Go to the pref page and tick the box to toggle the Wall on for everyone. Should be fine after that.

Thanks vanoob, working great on my site. Much appreciated.
  • thanks LoOkHerE, that worked fine for me.
  • hmm, can i swear profusely? Can't believe i made such a stupid mistake by leaving a wrong piece of code. Glad you guys are enjoying the extension, i've had some interesting times modifying it, great distractions when i'm supposed to be studying :).

Anyway to all those people who want to fix it themselves
    Replace line #69 in MessageWall/default.php from
    AddConfigurationSetting($Context, 'USER_WALL_COMMENTS_FORCE', '0'); -to-> AddConfigurationSetting($Context, 'USER_WALL_FORCE', '0');

Furthermore if you don't like extra random codes being left behind, in the vanilla/conf/settings.php because of the redundant code, there is an extra line that was added which could be removed completely. You should know which one to remove.

Anyhow with that in mind i have made up a new package, with the fixed code, should i release it under the same version?
    And does anybody have any offerings of minor improvements that can be made? or anything suggestions of change?
  • i suggest to count the version one point higher, e.g. to 1.1 regards, Sihan ps: can this extension be used with 1.1.5a ?
    Thanks for the fix bro
    Hey Vanoob, can we add some sort of option for email notification if someone writes on your wall?

Actually I think this is pretty important, because don't check their account tab all that often.
  • Email notification huh, that is possible. But i am just wondering if that is a wise idea, because if someone decides to write 10 messages on the wall within a period of 1 min. And if the person wanted email notification, i'm just wondering if this would greatly impact the efficiency of the server and your website, ie with all that "smtpying" and "sendmailing"?

So the current method of notification on the discussion page telling you the number of new messages you haven't read is not sufficient?
    Anyway i will be more than happy to implement an email notification system, unless there is a significant proportion of people objecting to me doing more work :)
  • Hey Vanoob, is there a way I can include this on a separate page? I'm trying to integrate Vanilla into my current site and so far I've done a decent job except for getting just this Wall add-on.

I'm able to show this on a copy of account.php outside the vanilla directory, but when I tried just taking the main part default.php (Or the whole thing) I keep getting errors or a blank page.
  • yes it is possible, you will have to remove the restriction of it showing on the account page. And also you will need to integrate the new page with the vanilla framework or else the wall will not work of course. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to achieve, so you are trying to get the wall posted on a complete seperate page is that correct? like another discussion page with the tab for the wall in the vanilla menu??
  • Yea, that's pretty much what I'm trying to do. I'm mostly just trying to isolate the wall so you can view it by itself without the other stuff on a profile page.
  • Great addon, is there a way to alter the user icon in the message wall so that it shows it in the standard size (30x30)?
    Can't seem to get rid of the Roles and Permissions reminder...
  • I keep getting this message "Sorry, but you do not have permission to write on the wall, contact your admin for more info." I'm the admin and I created a member account for myself. Neither one can comment on the walls.
  • Go into your account, forum preferences, and tick the box marked "Hide set role permission for Wall reminder." In Wall settings, tick the box "Force all user wall to be allowed for writing, pending role permissions." Should solve the above.
  • hey guys, sorry for some of the late reply, kinda went underground on youguys there. Anyhow here goes. @Raize, about e-mail notification, sorry i haven't gotten there yet, i'll get there eventually. And about the reminder, there should be a link on the reminder itself that says "Remove this message" or something along those lines. If not go to your profile and click on forum preferences, and you should see a tab to remove role reminder. @nickk2, you can alter the size of the icon by going into the css file and search for "profileicon", all you have to do is add another line for height parameter. @clickradius, darkangel is almost right. The fact that you are seing that message should give you a clue. You do not have permission to write on the wall. i Emphasize on permission. Have you tried going info the forum's roles & permissions page perhaps? given each role the ability to write on the wall?? Anyhow just to give you guys a heads up that i will be releasing version 1.1 sometime in the near future with the e-mail notification feature and a fix for the error in which people observed when there was no variable defined for the public writing of the wall. If anybody have any other ideas or found any other bugs, please post and i will try to fix before the next release.
  • I've got this error:
    Notice: Undefined index: USER_WALL_FORCE in /home/content/c/a/s/cassette/html/vanilla/extensions/MessageWall/default.php on line 375
    Wall
  • oops and this one:
    Notice: Undefined index: USER_WALL_FORCE in /home/content/c/a/s/cassette/html/vanilla/extensions/MessageWall/default.php on line 130