Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Message Wall

2»

Comments

• is there any way to allow BBCode on wall posts?
  • Uploaded version 1.3 of Message Wall.
  • Seems some problems with the style. Im using Vanbook
  • Allright vanoob! Just installed fresh Vanilla works correctly! Don't worry )
  • Any idea why the wall comment is appearing at the bottom of the page instead of under the username of the person who has written the comment. I have the username line at the top of the Wall window and to see the comment I have to scroll down to the bottom of the wall window. Latest version of Vanilla with the default theme.

Dan
  • Heya everybody seems like i have made a small mistake, i forgot to change the version number in default.php. Hence i will be uploading a new package within the next 72 hours with fixes people hopefully report back, css fixes have been implemented from the comments of Dan Devine and Feruz. @ Dan Devine, sorry, that's what you get from coding only in IE. The cause is due to the clear:left style in userbody. Remove that line and everything should be fine. @Feruz, images should be displayed if the format that you're typing into the wall is able to be decoded by the formatters used. i can't remember the tag for bbcode to display images, but there shouldn't be any problems. @Others, i made this extension using the default vanilla theme, in doing so people who have made their own theme may not have followed the vanilla default convention and have a totally different style. Although vanbook has a very similar structure to normal Vanilla. There are various style differences which lead to problems such as showing nested and normal lists in the message wall. I've tried to compensate for the problem, but in trying to make everything as universally acceptable for other themes. There is a problem in lists styling for IE in the Vanbook theme, firefox displays lists alright. So guys if you have made any possible changes that you think i might like to know about. Please inform me within the next 72 hours for the changes to be included within the next package.
  • Thanks!

Removal of that line solved the problem.

Dan
  • Hi vanoob! Thanx. Im using better BBcode, just made some changes so now it will be easy to play mp3 files on the wall. Definetely with the help of flash player ).
  • @Feruz: not for the wall, but I've posted some code to auto-link MP3s in the MakeItSimpleFormatter ( http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=92995 )
  • @ Mr TomTester I tested your addon it is really good for disscussion comments, but it doesnt allow to parce mp3 links on the wall. Mr Vanoob - HE IS REAALY GOOD MAN! Made a lot of changes and allowed to work with BBcode on the wall. Before we didnt had a chance to work with BBCode and WAll at the same time!
  • vanoob 72 hours already passed )) we dont see updaited version
  • Uploaded version 1.3.1 of Message Wall.
  • wow someone is a little anxious for the new package. Anyways uploaded new package as you can see. A lil note about the new package, tested with vanbook everything seems alright except nested list display in IE. looks fine in default vanilla theme. @Feruz, with regards to TomTesters mp3 code, the code applies to the text formatter, so for the mp3 auto link to work, you have to use text as the format type option instead of BBCode. P.S. i will be busy till next week so if you don't hear from me, well refer to the start of this line :), have fun.
  • user icon is being displayed multiple times. Do you know of a way I can fix it?
  • vanoob! PERFECTUM!!!
  • @ jhart, more information would help like... what browser you are using... what theme etc... Although it sounds like a css issue to me. Or it could be that the theme change in vanilla wasn't propogated properly.
  • ******** error **********
    Notice: Undefined index: USER_WALL_COMMENTS_PER_PAGE in D:\Apache\htdocs\vanilla\extensions\MessageWall\default.php on line 288
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):
    Error Message
    An error occurred while retrieving wall posts.
    Affected Elements
    GetWallNew.Render();
    The error occurred on or near: Table 'vanilla.lum_userwall' doesn't exist
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • @emovip i can't seem to replicate that error. could you inform me which vanilla version you are running please? And if you know what version of mysql and php you are running. From the error message, i'm leaning to think that the wall settings options is not set or the mysql table is corrupted.

Here are some steps you could try to rectify in the meantime. Login and navigate to "Wall Settings" in settings tab.

1. change the number of messages to be displayed and save.
    if you are still having that error the next step is a little more drastic... if you have any previous wall messages every wall message will be deleted.
    2. Tick the checkbox to rebuild wall extension --> It will attempt to rebuild table and associated options.

I'm afraid that's all i can offer temporarity, i'll be free from this weekend to have a look over everything and thank you for your input.
  • Oh i forgot to mention after ticking the checkbox you need to click on save as well... Just in case if you weren't sure.
  • I was using:
    ------------------
    Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) PHP/5.2.8
    MySQL client version: 5.0.51a
    PHP extension: mysql

Server: localhost via TCP/IP
    Server version: 5.1.43-community
    Protocol version: 10
    User: root@localhost
    MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
    ------------------------------------

the problem was in imorting userwall-mysql.sql to the db. I tried to run SQL in phpmyadmin I got error Body` text NOT NULL default '', can't be empty.
    or something like that. I read a note in phpmyadmin:
    Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.43.
    This may cause unpredictable behavior.

So I un installed appache, php, MySQL and installed
    The AppServ Open Project - 2.5.9 for Windows
    http://www.AppServNetwork.com

It has:
    Apache Web Server Version 2.2.4
    PHP Script Language Version 5.2.3
    MySQL Database Version 5.0.45
    phpMyAdmin Database Manager Version 2.10.2

Thanks message Wal is now working :)

But can you please tell me where can I get Community, and recent activity addons like in this site ;)

Regards,