Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Gravity Insights: Real-time forum analytics for Vanilla2

Gravity Insights: Real-time forum analytics for Vanilla2

Comments

• i haven't used this personally but from what i can tell, this requires registration from the Gravity insights website.... and they have quite an interesting TOS legal agreement that i recommend everyone take a glance at before using.

http://insights.gravity.com/index/terms

"the Service will apply our proprietary algorithms "

"We retain the right to change the Service, the Software, and the price, at its sole discretion, from time to time. For example we may fix bugs, revise, add, or remove features or functionality, or impose fees for access or use."

This is not GPL!
  • bobtheman - Good point. This isn't GPL, but the legalese shouldn't be too surprising. We anticipate continuing to make the service better and better, hence our need to reserve the right to change the service as time passes. We don't plan on ever charging for Insights - the language is protective - but do anticipate offering other premium services for forum admins down the line. Stay tuned. :)
  • UPDATE: Admins can now add multiple users to their accounts. The new users cannot create or delete existing users, but have full access to the analytics. We'll have more fine grained access controls in later versions.

You can add additional users by logging into insights and going to My Account -> Manage Users.
  • title says it's for Vanilla 2, first line of description says it's for Vanilla 1, requirements says it's for Vanilla 2... so, is it for Vanilla 1 or 2? :P
  • I get this error after enabling the plugin in vanilla 2:

YOU ARE USING AN INVALID INSIGHTS PLUGIN SITE GUID, PLEASE VIEW THE README.txt FILE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
  • doesnt work for me.
  • get fatal error on line 296 ObjectValue(.....
  • Fatal error: Call to undefined function objectvalue() in /home/warezadm/public_html/plugins/GravityInsights/default.php on line 314

When enabling that is the error I get. Vanilla 2 RC3
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I think this is a cool alternative to Google analytics, and potentially more useful...hope it works smoothly with the upcoming release of Vanilla 2
  • tenachtenach Earth
    This is pretty neat but I think I will stick to using Piwik for my analytics.
  • I get this error after enabling the plugin in vanilla 2:

YOU ARE USING AN INVALID INSIGHTS PLUGIN SITE GUID, PLEASE VIEW THE README.txt FILE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
    Same here, for the latest Vanilla 2.0.18b2.