Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VanillaForums.org

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
VanillaForums.org

Comments

• this doesn't have a preview image, i thought this was a requirement to upload a theme.
  • I receive an fatal error when using this theme: "Undefined property: stdClass::$CountUnreadConversations"
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @iamkeir - how old is your version of Vanilla 2 & Garden? That field is in the core now.
  • I downloaded it today so I thought it was the most recent - how can I find out the exact version? :/
  • Anybody? :)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If you downloaded it today, then that is the most recent version.

What page do you get that error on, and what is the entire error?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Uploaded new version for updated html in master branch.
  • Awesome ill update later as i have already edited it for my own site :D
  • Hi @Mark, thanks for that - for info, the error was:

Fatal Error in PHP.ErrorHandler();

Undefined property: stdClass::$CountUnreadConversations

The error occurred on or near: /new.bristolunibreakdance.com/themes/public_vforg/views/default.master.php

29: $CountUnreadConversations = $Session->User->CountUnreadConversations;

Backtrace:
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/functions.error.php:132] PHP::include();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/themes/public_vforg/views/default.master.php:29] PHP::ErrorHandler();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/class.controller.php:988] PHP::include();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/class.controller.php:775] Gdn_Controller->RenderMaster();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/class.pluggable.php:192] Gdn_Controller->xRender();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/class.pluggable.php:192] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/applications/vanilla/controllers/discussions.php:85] DiscussionsController->Render();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:227] DiscussionsController->Index();
    [/new.bristolunibreakdance.com/index.php:41] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Additional information for support personnel:
    Application: Garden
    Application Version: 1.0
    PHP Version: 5.2.11
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @iamkeir - Your database is missing a field that was added recently. You can make sure it adds it by signing in with whatever user has UserID 1 (the user created when the forum was installed the first time), and visiting these pages:

new.bristolunibreakdance.com/utility/structure/garden
    new.bristolunibreakdance.com/utility/structure/vanilla
    new.bristolunibreakdance.com/utility/structure/conversations
  • Thanks @mark, I'll look into that. I realised I can tell the version of my install from the error page... but is there anywhere else I can find it out in future?

By the way, I've used vanilla for many years and just recently been rolling out garden for my community and, even though it's still in dev/beta, there is very, very good feedback. I hope you realise that vanilla really stands out in the forum arena. Thank you for all your hard work over the years :)
  • @mark - signed in as UserID 1 and visited those links. Received database update messages but error still occurs... perhaps I need to download the latest version of the forum to be safe?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    On those pages, underneath the update messages, you need to click a link to implement the changes (it's something like "click here to apply these changes").

Thanks for the kudos!
  • @Mark - I never saw those links initially, and now I'm receiving "The database structure does not have to be updated."

It's not a *massive* issue for me to be honest, but just making sure I'm reporting problems.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    And you ran the script on all three links?

Hmmm
  • To be honest, I do not remember there being any links on each page you gave me - just a confirmation message. I'm going to download latest copy and reinstall - see if that fixes it.
  • Hi Mark,
    Today, I downloaded the vanilla 2 and theme vanillaforum.org theme too, but my forum doesn't have look like original, and search box is missing as well.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Etchbee
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We've done some upgrades to the VF.org theme to work with the latest version of Vanilla in master. But, this site hasn't been upgraded yet - so the search bar is gone, and the core stuff is a *little* bit different in this version of the addon. It will get updated again once we've got the Vanilla 2 release candidate out (that's our goal right now).
  • How do I download vanilla 2 from GitHub? Is there a download link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    http://github.com/lussumo/Garden
  • Links in the menu are not valid.