Please upgrade to 2.1.x here.
The 2.0 branch is no longer being updated.
Important security fix: 2.1.10
, released 4 May.
Vanilla 2.0 is available for download
We are pleased to announce the availability of Vanilla 2.0
Vanilla 2.0 has been tagged on github and is available for download here
. I'd like to thank everyone that helped with the extra testing over the past couple of weeks. All of us Vanilla headquarters can't tell you how much we appreciate your help and support.
About this Release
We are holding off on making a bigger public announcement on the download until we put up a redesign of http://vanillaforums.org
later this week. However, we wanted to tell the community about the download today. We feel comfortable enough to remove the "release candidate" nomenclature on the code.
We've done a lot of work on the Vanilla importer/exporter, and we'd appreciate it if the community tests it thoroughly so we can iron out any problems. You can find documentation here: http://vanillaforums.com/blog/help-topics/importing-data/
- PHP version 5.2.0 or newer
- MySQL version 5 or newer
- Apache version 2 or newer
- Unzip the package to the desired folder on your server.
- Create a database for Vanilla (named whatever you like).
- Browse to the folder in your web browser, and follow the instructions on-screen.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading RC1, RC2, & RC3 Vanilla 2 Forums
- Sign into your existing forum with the user that has UserID = 1
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourdomain.com/path/to/vanilla/utility/structure
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts.
- Navigate to your forum and test away!
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
15 · ·