Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quick WYSIWYG for Vanilla 2 + now with Addon!

13»

Comments

• NimaveliNimaveli New
    edited July 2010
    @Rak
    Thanks! Once I put the full directory in it worked :D

I have a question though, now that it works and I hover over the buttons a dotted underline appears. Can that be deleted? I looked into the CSS of the bar but there's no ''dotted underline'' anywhere.

And now that I installed this jwsiwyg my posting space has become a bit bigger, how do I make it smaller again?

Also, is it possible to install different skins for this bar?

Sorry for all the questions :p
  • @Bughead: I'll take a look at updating the .php so it pulls in the Vanilla install location from Garden, so it works from any install location.

@scooter: I haven't tried Quote/Selection, post here if you find a solution.

@Nimaveli: You & @bughead figured out the problem! Your other questions:
    CSS/Dotted underline: There's no 'dotted' mentioned in the jwysiwyg css file, so it might be in your theme's CSS.

Wide textarea: look in plugins/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.min.js for
    {width:(newX>0)?(newX).toString() - 10 +'px':'100%'}
    replace the '- 10' with a larger number until it fits into your theme.

Skinning: you can try recolouring the image file for the buttons: plugins/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.gif
  • NimaveliNimaveli New
    edited July 2010
    @Rak
    You're right, went into my own theme CSS and found a ''dotted'' :)

About changing the gif manually, I did it in photoshop and now it looks a bit better. Thanks for the tip! :)

That textarea width thing... I would like to change the height not the width(the width is good right now). Could you please give me the code for that?

One last thing, before I installed this plug-in the comment box would turn into a light yellow once I would click it. That seems to have dissapeared now. Any way to get it back?
  • I've updated the Addon to v1.2 to work with installations in a subdirectory. Please test it and see if it works. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/549/jquery-wysiwyg
  • @Nimaveli: The textarea height can be adjusted - this is another hack of the .js - edit plugins/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.min.js search for:
    newY-6
    The default newY-6 gives a height of 150px. Change it to newY+100 you get 206px height and change it to newY+200 you get 306px height. Play around and see what works for you.

Yellow background: The text input area is not a regular <textarea> field (jwysiwyg replaces Vanilla's original textarea with an iframe/html/body) I don't think you can CSS-style it with a ':focus' pseudo-class. One way is to give a ':hover' pseudo-class to the iframe. Just add this line to /plugins/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.css:
    div.wysiwyg:hover { background-color: #ffe; }
    But, it will go back to white if you move your mouse away.
  • @Rak
    thanks, those fixes worked :) So it's really not possible to make the text box yellow once you click on it? It's not that big of a deal really, but would be nice :D

• @Nimaveli: Glad they worked for you! Because the text area is not a 'text box', but an iframe with another html page inside, it's not easy to do with CSS. Maybe someone can figure it out using Javascript.

Did you try the new v1.2? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/549/jquery-wysiwyg
    Please let me know if that works on your installation. Thanks.

• @Rak, yea it works :)

And yes, hopefully someone can figure it out in Javascript :D
  • rakrak
    edited July 2010
    @Nimaveli: Some more hacking for you! This should give you a yellow background.

Edit plugins/jwysiwyg/jquery.wysiwyg.min.js then,

1. search for:
    <body style=
    insert this into the body tag BEFORE style:
     onFocus="document.bgColor=\'#ffffee\';document.body.style.backgroundColor=\'#ffffee\';" onBlur="document.bgColor=\'#ffffff\';document.body.style.backgroundColor=\'#ffffff\';"
    (make sure it does not break over one line)

2. (optional, just makes the right border match the left)
    search for:
    newX-8
    change it to:
    newX-11
    Save and reload to see if it works.
  • @rak: v1.2 worked here too in a local installation! Thanks!
  • @Rak
    Thank you very much! I'll try that out as soon as I get home and I'll let you know if it works ;)
  • Editing posts does not work.
    Was reported in separate topic (http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/12308).

Any idea on how to (quick) fix this?

Joos
  • Maybe a way to put Youtube videos code?
  • @Pablin: jwyswyg (in its current form) doesn't allow pasting of HTML.

But, you can try the 'Magic' addon which will convert a youtube URL to an embed (also works with images): http://vanillaforums.org/addon/526/magic
  • I dont see the Edit box when i sintall JWYSIWYG
  • @Pablin: Try disabling all your other plugins apart from HTMLawed and see if it works. One of your other plugins might be interfering.

@JoosBuijs: No (quick) fix, see the discussion you linked to.

@basb: I've added a fix for Magic that worked for me in the discussion you linked to.
  • WOrks, but i see 2 boxes

Look that image: http://imgur.com/PSGH0.gif

• @rak I fix it, thanks anyway
  • How to remove the editor from "Comments" of Status Updates