Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems posting in IE?

blizeHblizeH ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi guys, just a couple of quotes from my users in IE, not entirely sure what they're on about, but seems it is a problem:
I'm finding the auto draft thing somewhat annoying.

Often I type my post, but by the time I have finished the 'Post Comment' button is greyed out and I have to copy the text into the past buffer, refresh the page and repaste. I then find that the text is now saved in the draft area and I have to go and delete it.

Anyone else? I wonder if it can be turned off until it is fixed.
once I have made a post and it shows in the thread, the text stays in the comments box and the little 3 bars continue to rotate. Then I get two sets of the rotating bars. Sometimes I get three sets!
similar issues here, ie again.
I have exactly the same problem Lawn, IE8, pretty annoying
Any ideas please guys? Is there a way to disable drafts or something?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bump, anyone? :(
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We made changes to the post process that should alleviate these issues, but it seems like draft functionality might be something we could modularize and turn into an On-Demand feature.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Ah that's great, thanks Tim - I'll grab 2.01 and see if it fixes it for them, tyvm!