Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

German language 0.3 - Collectively

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

I wanted to open up this thread to work together on the german translation of Vanilla 2. There is already a version 0.1 from April that took up with one of the RCs of V2. But there have been changes since then and some terms are not translated in Vanilla 2.0.0. Here i provide a file i added some terms but it was originally translated by @Silencer and @oliverraduner.

Visit this page and download the "locale.php": germantranslation.php
German language 0.3 - Updated 06.08.10

There are still a lot of backend terms that need translation.

Greetz
p*
  • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• edited July 2010
    That's the correct translation for "Most recent by":
    $Definition['Most recent by %1$s'] = 'Letzter Beitrag von %1$s';

By the way, the file you posted can't be downloaded. It seems to be interpreted on the server.
  • Yes, can anyone post the file with the complete sentences to translate?

I have a version of the file that doesnt have all the terms.
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Hi _jan_ and carlosten, i just updated the translation and the first entry of this thread, check out the file. It still needs a little work, but the frontent is almost 100% in german.
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    edited August 2010
    Just added some terms. The Frontend is almost done.

Still missing:
    "Options" in the Userprofile, Boxheadline
    "%s New" for unread entries, should be "1 Neu"

I added some translated terms for the "Signature" and the "Who's online" Plugin. Probably i'll create a 2nd file, where everyone can copy&paste his/her needed translation terms from this "Plugin Translations File" to the "Master Translation File".
    Get me?

p*
  • how can I help translating?

Would be great to have a 100% german vanilla - easier to work with.
    Hi Vegano, we still have lot of backend terms that are not translated yet. Digg into these. :)
  • Aaaah, how to install the language file???
    edited August 2010
    @Boombatze: You're crossposting man, don't do that. Just drop the "locale.php"-file into your ~/vanilla/conf/ folder.
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry, I was a little bit confused about both threads ...
    Yes I downloaded it & put into the conf-folder
    nothing happens, exept bonk-error
    And there is no code in the locale.php ...
    Sorry, but I´m not (edited!!) so much into php

thanx for reply, boombatze
    @Boombatze: Sorry, you're right. I renamed the file to .txt, now it works! Just download the locale.txt and rename it to locale.php and drop it into the ~/vanilla/conf/ folder.

Should work now. :)
  • OOOooh many thanx! So easy ...
    @admins:
    What is the proper way to update a file in the addons repository that already exists?
    I think it wouldn't make sense to upload just another german translation.

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @phreak - If you are the owner of the repo, you can click the "upload new version" link to do it. If you aren't the owner, either get the owner to do it, or create your own branch of it (ie. create a new addon :)

Our original notion was to have a translations app that allowed branching and re-releasing, but the community hasn't really picked up on it, and we have a lot of other things on our plates. If any of you are devs and you want to get it working, you can check out the addons application on github: http://github.com/vanillaforums/VanillaAddonsApp

Specifically, you can see what we were working on for translations here:

http://github.com/vanillaforums/VanillaAddonsApp/blob/master/controllers/class.translationscontroller.php

If no-one jumps on board to help finish it, I am going to have to make this a weekend project (my wife will kill you). It's *really* close to being functional!
  • Based on this I added a few more definitions to my local translation, but didn't contribute them back so far, because

a) I changed the whole thing from 'Du' to 'Sie' and
    b) for some of my definitions I had to change the code where the strings originally occured to enable localization, and right now I don't have the time to pick that mess apart.

If anyone's interested in that, I could at least provide my locale file, though.
  • By the way, any chance of better separating these combined first/third person strings that lead to such translation monsters as "%1$s hat/haben eine %8$s gestartet."
  • Hello and thank you people for translating vanilla 2 to german. Can you please tell me where to download the latest locale? Danke!
  • Yeah that would be really interesting. A little bit confusing. Is there any complete and up2date translation? Otherwise probably starting a new one would be a good idea.