Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Load Up Plugin: How is this used?

SpencerMcSpencerMc New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'm fairly new to this, so pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I've enabled this plug-in (after loading and enabling plugin utils to get around the error mentioned elsewhere in these comments). However, I see no obvious change in the front end. I assumed an "upload file" button would be present when composing a new comment or discussion, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Am I wrong about how the plug-in is intended to function, or am I simply looking in all the wrong places?
Tagged:

Comments

• I take this silence to mean it's working fine for everyone else?
  • SS ✭✭
    Description of this addon: "Allow users upload files (this is NOT "attachments" for Vanilla 2)."

No upload files for comments or discussions. It simple upload form for admins. You should see a new item menu in dashboard.
  • Ah, in that case it's not working for me in that respect either. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and re-enabling to no avail. I don't really know php or js, but I'm familiar with a few other languages and from looking over the files it looks like it's supposed to add to the sidebar (I could be way off base here, sorry). It seems it won't let me embed a screen shot here, but I currently have Appearance, Users, Forums, Add-Ons, and Site Settings as headings on my sidebar, none of which have an Upload File link beneath them.

Also, a more specific description would be helpful. I've never used Vanilla 1 or Attachments, and Users is a bit vague when it's only available to Admin through the dashboard. A simple "Adds an upload file function to the dashboard" would probably suffice.