Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Does it have any effect on SEO

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Thanks for the great plugin, it's really simple and well done. Does it have any effect on SEO since it changes the content of the discussions page?

Advantages/Disadvantages?
Tagged:

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited September 2010
    Hi Raize,

It should have a better impact on SEO. I think of following reasons:

1.) Code-to-Text ratio increases

2.) Google Webmasters shows me that the most imortant keywords on my page are words like usernames, "comments", "startet by" or month names, which is because there is not much other content on my frontpage of the forum. When the excerpt is displayed, probably other more forum content relevant keywords should appear as they are in the text.

Greetz
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Hi @Raize
    I agree with phreak

I also cannot think of any disadvantages in SEO terms
  • i can confirm that this has a better impact on Search Engines. It has worked for my site. the reasons have been clearly stated by @phreak

Even for me google webmaster showed user names and comments as most popular words on my website until i installed this.