Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Several issues with Vanilla 2

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

I have installed vanilla 2 today but i have several issue with it.

First of all, when i try to share a youtube content, i can play the video but i can't have access to the full screen mode. When i click, nothing happens...

The other thing it's i have access to "write a comment" buttons when i'am already in the in the box to... write a comment.

Also, it's normal that ajax refresh only work inside the discussion but not with the main page ?

To finish, the quote plugin doesn't work...

Maybe someone can help me with this :)

PS : Sorry for my english ;)

Comments

• The quotes plugin works for me, do you have the most recent versions of both vanilla and the quotes plugin? You have access to the "write a comment" tab when you are writing a comment in case you click preview and then need to get back to your comment.
  • Please can you explain when you say 'the quote plugin dosent work'. What dosent it do? I know it sounds a stupid question but does it do anything? Try de activating all plugins then re enable it.
  • The quotes plugin works for me, do you have the most recent versions of both vanilla and the quotes plugin? You have access to the "write a comment" tab when you are writing a comment in case you click preview and then need to get back to your comment.
    Yeah, most recent.
    Please can you explain when you say 'the quote plugin dosent work'. What dosent it do? I know it sounds a stupid question but does it do anything? Try de activating all plugins then re enable it.
    When i click, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes i'am redirected somewhere upwards.

Thx for your help.

Anybody for youtube thing and confirmation for ajax usage ?
  • edited September 2010
    Try de activating all plugins then re enable it.
    I try. Then i try to quote and i have this error : http://phpbin.net/x/1769335478

• Which quote plugin? "Quotes" or "Quote Selection"
  • Do you defionatly have the latest release? as 2 versions were released today.
  • Which quote plugin? "Quotes" or "Quote Selection"
    Quotes
    Do you defionatly have the latest release? as 2 versions were released today.

Update this night.
  • I've seen this happen before with Quotes and it was related to the the way in which it tried to request the quoted text via ajax. It was going to an invalid URL because I had rewrite URLs turned off and it was trying to request from a friendly URL.

All of that should be resolved in the latest version of the quotes plugin, though. I haven't had any issues in a couple of weeks.