Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Possible solutions

2»

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    This the way I have it, it's meant for when you upgrade your forum. Turn on plugin. Update files. Disable plugin. No need to signback in. Maybe a solution is to open a duplicate tab? Sorry I cannot replicate your experience. It works fine for me on three forums
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    Or use cdavid's solution ;)
  • edited October 2010
    EDIT: Sorry, delayed reply ;).
  • @cdavid, saving and restoring permissions is also a bad idea, since maintenance may include much of user and permission managment, so that restoring former permissions might break what admin have tried to achieve.
  • That is a very valid point. Then, I am not sure how I would go about this one. Any ideas are welcome.
  • This the way I have it, it's meant for when you upgrade your forum. Turn on plugin. Update files. Disable plugin. No need to signback in. Maybe a solution is to open a duplicate tab? Sorry I cannot replicate your experience. It works fine for me on three forums
    Ok, I can live with that I guess now that I understand the sequence. Just have to be careful not to sign out with it still enabled or I have to go back and remove it from the plugins folder to get back in as admin. I don't understand @cdavid's solution at this point but the plugin is usable as it stands for me.