Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect 1.8.1 Released

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
ProxyConnect 1.8.1 has been released.

This minor release fixes 2 bugs:

1) RegisterUrl was not being respected due to changes made in 1.8. This release should restore the expected functionality without requiring changes to the config file or core code.

2) AuthenticateUrl was not being displayed in Manual Integration mode. I have fixed that issue, and updated this functionality so that it is now fully provider based (no config file variable). This is more in keeping with other settings, and more future-proof.

Enjoy this release and be sure to report any bugs you find!

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• Thanks a lot, @Tim, works like it should! Only thing that's still bugging me is the missing option to redirect users to the host's profile page...
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Could you link me to Wordpress's profile page? I briefly looked for it and couldn't work out what page should get linked.

• edited October 2010
    Did you upload an old version? It says 1.2 instead of 1.8.1 and is half the compressed size of 1.8.

I downloaded both this 1.2 version of SSO and the 2.0.11 version of Vanilla and I get this error:
    Fatal error: Class Gdn_ProxyAuthenticator contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Gdn_IHandshake::GetUserEmailFromHandshake, Gdn_IHandshake::GetHandshakeMode) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\plugins\ProxyConnect\class.proxyauthenticator.php on line 236
    I had uploaded the correct code, but Todd has been working on the addon site and it somehow reverted to 1.2. I've uploaded the correct version now.

I had to increment the version number, however, so you'll be downloading 1.8.2. It is functionally the same as 1.8.1.

• @Tim Regarding WordPress integration: Redirecting to the dashboard, which is usually at 'domain.com/wp-admin/', or the profile page at 'domain.com/wp-admin/profile.php' would both be perfectly fine, I guess.
  • It needs to be wp-admin/profile.php because /wp-admin/ is really just the admin dashboard and some WP designs hide the admin navbar from subscribers.

wp-admin/profile.php will always work.
  • edited October 2010
    @tim I've downloaded 1.8.3 to check its settings view - all its doing for me is that ajax 3 bar pulsing thing, after half an hour reverted to 1.8.

Then I get this "Fatal error: Call to a member function AddLink() on a non-object in /home/content/11/8157941/html/discus/applications/blog/settings/class.hooks.php on line 14" on the setting page. where I was expecting .saltaire-aa.org

BTW that 7 digit string is munged.
  • edited October 2010
    @tim I've down loaded 1.8.3 to check its settings view - all its doing for me is that ajax 3 bar pulsing thing, after half an hour reverted to 1.8.

Then I get this "Fatal error: Call to a member function AddLink() on a non-object in /home/content/11/5897411/html/discus/applications/blog/settings/class.hooks.php on line 14" on the setting page. where I was expecting .saltaire-aa.org

edited 2010-10-14 15:05
    @tim - I still have the problem, I want to get back to proxy authentication - anyone got any advice

Now on 2.0.11 and ProxyConnect 1.8.3 - cannot configure even if I step back to 1.8
    dashboard page gives an error when attempting to configure
    Fatal error: Call to a member function AddLink() on a non-object in /home/content/11/5897411/html/discus/applications/blog/settings/class.hooks.php on line 14
    3 screenshots attached at http://saltaire-aa.org/discus/discussion/comment/22/#Comment_22

or do I have to export the content and import it to a new database
    - via phpAdmin Yuch!!!
    @Tim Regarding WordPress integration: Redirecting to the dashboard, which is usually at 'domain.com/wp-admin/', or the profile page at 'domain.com/wp-admin/profile.php' would both be perfectly fine, I guess.
    It needs to be wp-admin/profile.php because /wp-admin/ is really just the admin dashboard and some WP designs hide the admin navbar from subscribers.

wp-admin/profile.php will always work.
    Bearing in mind that ProxyConnect links both privileged and non-privileged accounts, does wp-admin/profile.php work even for non administrative users on wordpress?

• dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2010
    Yes... "wp-admin/profile.php" is actually the path to every user's Profile page — whether they are admin or non-admin users. Non-admin users simply see a Dashboard nav with only one useful page in it — just their profile page. It's pretty ugly and probably one of the worst features of WordPress. That's why many designs just hide the dashboard page altogether from basic users...

By default everyone has access to "wp-admin/profile.php"

So, you can hide that navigation menu so that users can't see the main Dashboard page, which is just a mess of WordPress news links and is entirely useless to users.

And besides all that, you want users to have only one single click to their Profile page, rather than clicking once to the ugly Dashboard and another click to their Profile.
  • See how I did. Sorry for bad English. http://pitbullclub.web-slon.info/