Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[User List Addon] No users show up*

Comments

• @tmilovan Thanks, I will implement these changes probably later today.
  • I am excited about getting this plugin to work with my V1 imported users!
  • Any update on this?
  • On my page, this plugi load all of user in panel (limit set to 20, but plugin try to load all of forum users) and does not show photos.
    Vanilla v2.0.6, data imported from Vanilla 1.

Maybe there is some patch for people who has imported users with customs roles and their ID's ?
  • I've fixed a bug in this plugin that caused some users to show up twice in the list.

In class.userlistmodule.php changed:

Line 16:
    $Select='u.UserID, u.Name, u.Photo';
    changed to
    $Select='DISTINCT(u.UserID), u.Name, u.Photo';

and again on line 40:
    ->Select('u.UserID')
    changed to
    ->Select('DISTINCT(u.UserID)')
  • Anyone figure out how to include members from an imported V1 forum?
  • edited September 2010
    The randomize feature doesn't work for me.
    EDIT: I could mention that there are no error messages, and I'm running it on 2.0.9

Also, a nice feature would be to add an option to select where you want to show the panel. Kinda like what the WhosOnline plugin.
  • Is there a simple way for me to tweak this so it only shows up on the discussions view and not in each thread?
  • If you don't mind tweaking the code, you can do this:

default.php, change line 43 to:
    if(!in_array($Sender->ControllerName, array('categoriescontroller', 'discussionscontroller'))) return;

That should work, but let me know if it doesn't.
  • Dear tmilovan, Dear all, Sorry I'm a beginner with coding and stuff, so I really don't understand your solution for both limit and order. What do you mean by adding:

->Limit($Limit)
    and
    ->Orderby($Order)

to line 37? I tried placing those two lines everywhere in the 37 to 39 lines but nothing seems to work. Would you be kind enough as to show us the original content and where to place those two lines, and then the new content once those two lines are added. I am sorry once again, but for instance, should we place a ";" after each line as is the case with the rest of the file?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • edited November 2010
    @Chat_101_com
    "->Limit($Limit)" becomes the new line 37
    "->Orderby($Order" becomes the new line 38
    then the "$get();" line

(edited) in class.userlistmodule.php - other edits may change these and other line numbers
    (oOps when updating to Vanilla.2.0.13 - I lost these edits myself and had to re-edit them so now I have a moded copy on my desktop machine - I always use a virgin fileset of the distribution rather than overwrite those already on the server - removes any redundant dross)
  • edited October 2010
    @tmilovan Thanks, I will implement these changes probably later today.
    have these been put into the released version yet? or do you need to do some more extensive testing
  • DavyB, thanks a million! When you included the "$get();" line I realized that you guys are talking about the class.userlistmodule.php file :) I was working on the default file. Thank you very much, all working now.
  • I'm sorry, I haven't had time to implement them yet.
  • Any motion forward with getting this working with imported V1 members?
  • I have the plug-in kinda working but I cannot get a list of more than 25 members no matter what number I put in the "max" field.
  • DavyB, thanks a million! When you included the "$get();" line I realized that you guys are talking about the class.userlistmodule.php file :) I was working on the default file. Thank you very much, all working now.
    Its not so easy when there are multiple php files in the plugin and even more confusing if you have sort by votes selected rather than by date order
    tmilovan's edits are spread over 3 comments :(
  • edited November 2010
    Reason for this problem is simple. There is hardcoded default usergroup id (RoleID) in this addon source and that works fine for Vanilla imports, but if you are importing from any other forum engine, chances are your default usergroup id is not 7, but lower.

So, author needs to find the way to read default usergroup real value, and use that in addon source. Meanwhile I guess we can just manually put this value in lines 18 and 43 of class.userlistmodule.php.
    How can we find our usergroup id if 7 is not showing any users?

Edit: tried "1" and that seems to work.
  • You'll have to take a look at the GDN_Role table directly using tool like phpmyadmin.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks @tmilovan

Can't get this to display images, including the default. Any ideas?

I think it has to do with not having url shortening on. All the thumbnail paths have index.php?p= in the middle which is breaking them.