Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

E-Mail notifications

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I created a test user and sent my user both a private message, and wrote on their wall while having the notification preference for both on. In both cases an email was never even attempted to be sent, I'm watching my mail log and I do see other notifications being sent out of the mail queue but for some reason these are not.

Before I file a bug I assume I should gather more information on this but I don't really know where to start.

Comments

• Just tested some more.

It appears if I start a conversation to the test account, I do get a notification if they reply.
    However one would expect to get a notification if the test account sends/starts a new conversation with me.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm having the same problem. All of my notifications are turned on and I don't get any emails. Since I need ProxyConnect, I can't upgrade past 2.0.7.
  • Yes, i am using 2.0.9 and the same happen with me too.
  • Does anyone know if there's a quick fix for this? I need notifications to work on a website that I'm launching later this week.
  • edited September 2010
    same problem here, looks like a bug.
    no notification is sent when starting a conversation, but one is sent when replying to a conversation (actually 2 notifications, which is a bug also).
  • Any resolution to this yet? We have a site launching next week and need to fix this ASAP - any coders out there who can help us with a quick fix?
  • Confirmed not fixed in 2.0.14
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Is this on GitHub? I totally missed this conversation until just now.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Well played! Thanks.
  • @Tim spam spam spam