Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

We Want Your Input on Vanilla 1.2

124»

Comments

• Options
    I agree it's a good idea :) I was just picking my battles
  • Options
    Maybe something for 1.3? ;)
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    spammer?
  • Options
    yea.... a intuitive spam approach indeed LOL
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Spammer pwned.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    spammer thread? :)
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Sadly =/
    I'm going to unannounce this thread so that it stops getting spammed.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Just wondering: has 1.2 been abandoned? Still not ready to move to 2.0 until I'm confident that I can replicate all of the functionality I have with 1.1.10 through extensions.
  • Options
    Just wondering: has 1.2 been abandoned? Still not ready to move to 2.0 until I'm confident that I can replicate all of the functionality I have with 1.1.10 through extensions.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/130253/#Comment_130253
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. I gather that it has been abandoned, then.
  • Options
    @stavthewonderchicken: It has been abandoned, but if you use the 1.2 beta from http://www.spirton.com/vanilla-1-2-beta-1/ and find a bug I can fix it. Just post on the blog about it.
    I'm still using 1.2 myself, waiting for 2.0 to be rid of major bugs.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks, @SubJunk. Yeah, I'm in the same boat -- large community with many many customizations; just waiting for functionality (with extensions or otherwise) to reach the same level with 2.x plus plugins. They'll howl if we lose anything by upgrading right now, much as I'd like to. Getting closer, but still not quite there.

The one major piece of the puzzle that's missing for me is an way to maintain (database expensive though it may be) Whispers inline to threads, as in v1.x, either instead of or in addition to the new separate 'Conversations' model.
  • Options
    That would be awesome, I agree