Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error when deleting conversations

I'm getting an error when I try to delete a conversation:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home1/me/public_html/forum/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home1/me/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 539

I noticed that it's missing the "conversations" part, and the url is wrong (http://server/me/forum/me/forum/messages/all -- I can't give out the site right now because it's still in development). What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• I found out that this is also happening with discussions.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    have you tried deleting your cache/*.ini ?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks for the response Tim. That didn't seem to work. :\ I'm still getting the error.
    What version of Vanilla are you using at the moment? I know you're a relatively early adopter, so I have a suspicion you're still on a slightly older branch perhaps?

• Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I have 2.0.11.
    That's very odd. Let me check something.

Im afraid I can't reproduce this. Have you made any changes to the code?

• We had to apply a small fix to /forum/applications/conversations/model/class.conversationmodel.php to make email notifications work, because we were having issues with that too. But I commented that code out and the error was still there. I also tried disabling all plugins to see if they were interfering, but that didn't help.
    Maybe @Mark or @Todd has an idea

• Thanks for your help Tim, I appreciate it.
    I'm trying to get a couple of things done today, but I'll come back to this!

• @ellieroepken, do you mind posting the fix for email notifications? I think everybody is having the same problems. Would be great to get a fix for that.
  • edited October 2010
    @dan39 Sure. I didn't write it, but I know it works for us. I don't know if it will work for everyone. Let me know if it works for you. Apply the following fix to line 167 of /forum/applications/conversations/model/class.conversationmodel.php, AFTER the ending foreach bracket but BEFORE the $this->SQL line:

$Fields['ConversationID'] = $ConversationID;
    $Fields['Body'] = $FormPostValues['Body'];

// Grab the users that need to be notified.
    $UnreadData = $this->SQL
    ->Select('uc.UserID')
    ->From('UserConversation uc')
    ->Where('uc.ConversationID', $ConversationID) // hopefully coax this index.
    ->Where('uc.LastMessageID', $MessageID)
    ->Where('uc.UserID <>', $Session->UserID)
    ->Get();

$ActivityModel = new ActivityModel();

foreach ($UnreadData->Result() as $User) {
    $Story = ArrayValue('Body', $Fields, '');
    // Notify the users of the new message.
    $ActivityID = $ActivityModel->Add(
    $Session->UserID,
    'ConversationMessage',
    $Story,
    $User->UserID,
    '',
    "/messages/$ConversationID#$MessageID",
    FALSE
    );
    }
  • edited November 2010
    Has anyone found a solution for or been able to replicate this? Should I just suggest attempting to upgrade?
  • The error shows up on other things now. :\
  • And no one can log into the forum, I can't either. The whole forum is broken.
    Sounds like nukes have hit your server. If you like, I'll take a direct look at your setup if you'll give me the relevant login details in a PM.

(server SSH and Vanilla admin would be great).

• edited November 2010
    Okay... uploading 2.0.13 didn't work. I'm still getting the error.
  • The forum is back up and I'm able to access it, but I'm still seeing the error when deleting conversations.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I still need help with this.