Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Enable Error

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just upgraded to 2.0.14 successfully. Afterward I downloaded this plugin and installed it, but when I try to enable it I get the following error:

-----------

FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_Configuration.Save();

"Unable to write to config file '/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/conf/config.php' when saving." LOCATION: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/class.configuration.php > 372: if ($File == '') > 373: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('You must specify a file path to be saved.', 'Configuration', 'Save'), E_USER_ERROR); > 374: > 375: if (!is_writable($File)) >>> 376: throw new Exception(sprintf(T("Unable to write to config file '%s' when saving."),$File)); > 377: > 378: if($Group == '') > 379: $Group = $this->CurrentGroup; > 380: BACKTRACE: [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/functions.general.php 1453] Gdn_Configuration->Save(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/plugins/AllViewed/class.allviewed.plugin.php 98] PHP::SaveToConfig(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 759] AllViewedPlugin->Setup(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 742] Gdn_PluginManager->_PluginCallbackExecution(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 577] Gdn_PluginManager->_PluginHook(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php 579] Gdn_PluginManager->TestPlugin(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php 579] SettingsController->TestAddon(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 297] PHP::call_user_func_array(); [/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wcom/vanilla/index.php 38] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

-----------

I can't figure out what's wrong with the config file. The only editing I've ever done to it was adding ($Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['Dismiss'] = FALSE;).
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Does config.php have 777 permissions? (Or whatever is appropriate for your server to write to it).
  • Sometimes the most simple solutions are the most difficult to find -_-

That was that problem. Thanks =)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No problem!
  • ntuyelikntuyelik New
    edited March 2011
    after enabling plugins,should we get the permissions back to previous status?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No, the config file should keep write access by Apache, as well as the cache folder and uploads folder.
  • ok,thanks... :)