Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New post notifications stuck

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
On my 2.0.11 installation several users (including me) have noticed that the notifications for new posts on the main page (the little "1 new" box and the different background colour) don't reliably go away.
If we click the link, then go back to the main page (and refresh, it makes no difference) the notifications are still there.

I have tried disabling all plugins and setting the default theme, but it still happens.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Try using the Back to Discussions link rather than your Broswer Back button and see if that makes a difference.
  • @LoOkOuT: Thanks for the reply. I wasn't using the back button before, I usually click the Discussions link up the top. I tried clicking the link you suggested and it didn't work, either.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    There's a known bug where, when the discussion in question is on the cusp of forming a new page (Number of comments is evenly divisible by Number of Comments Per Page), the new posts icon does not get reset. We've been working on the New Post notification icon for several revisions and its one of the more complex aspects of the front page.

We'll get it fixed soon :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim: Thanks for the reply.

It's still occurring in 2.0.13 - I realise that's not surprising since it wasn't attempted but I'm just letting others know.

I'll have a look at the code this weekend if I get the chance to see if I can see a fix.
  • @Tim: It's still occurring in 2.0.14
  • @Tim: It's fixed in 2.0.15, thanks.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Is there a way to disable these notifications for all?