Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Members with no username.

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have someone creating an account without a username. How is this possible?

I have a screen shot.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/658/weirdw.jpg

Thank you for the support.

Comments

• Options
    Also I've noticed that when I logout I'm still in a account with no username. Here's a screenie

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2673/weird20.jpg

Thanks again.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Are you using ProxyConnect or any other addons?
  • Options
    tmilovantmilovan New
    edited November 2010
    I have started do getting them too after upgrade to 2.0.15. And yes, I'm using ProxyConnect along with many other addons.
  • Options
    This happens to me randomly sometimes too. It started after installing ProxyConnect for Wordpress. When logging out it asks if I "really want to sign out of" my Wordpress blog, then it redirects me to the wordpress login page.

Then when I go back to Vanilla, I am signed in as a user with no name.
  • Options
    Hello,

In my case I had to simply disable proxyconnect to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    Well what if ProxyConnect is the reason why you chose Vanilla as your forum software?

It just happened to me again, this time without the redirect to the wordpress page.

@tim
  • Options
    asdf
  • Options
    Note: All of my cookie domains are the same and this happens on a seemingly random basis upon logging out
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem with phantom users... including myself! How can I disable the proxyconnect plugin by remote so I (and my other users) can actually log in? I've tried renaming the plugins folder and etc, but that gives you bonk errors.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @Fastkarate You will need to edit /conf/config.php and delete everything that has "proxyconnect" in it. Also make sure you set $Configuration['Plugins']['ProxyConnect']['Enabled'] = TRUE; to FALSE. Save your config.php file and check your forum.

After that you may need to manually delete all the ghost users via the admin control panel.

I hope this helps you. :)

Note:
    Back up your original config.php file before editing it.