Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Database Backup Vanilla 2

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hi, i just downloaded and installed a vanilla forum v.2 but I can't find a way to make a backup from the database, with Vanilla Porter can't do it from v2 to v2 just v1 to v2.

What can I do? any other tool?

P.s. sorry for my english
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Not yet. I recommend doing a database export with something like phpMyAdmin for now.
  • Options
    thanks! I try that but doesn't work, any other way?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It doesn't work? What does that mean, an error?
  • Options
    yes, I make a backup from phpmyadmin in sql and text and when i want to import it says "The import file is not in the correct format.!"
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You can only import again via phpmyadmin. The "import" in Vanilla is strictly for migrations.
  • Options
    mysqldump from the command line is an option too, if you want to do regular backups.

/cd
  • Options
    i can export but i can't import with phpmyadmin, say that:
    Error

consulta SQL:

--
    -- Volcar la base de datos para la tabla `GDN_Activity`
    --
    INSERT INTO `GDN_Activity` ( `ActivityID` , `CommentActivityID` , `ActivityTypeID` , `ActivityUserID` , `RegardingUserID` , `Story` , `Route` , `CountComments` , `InsertUserID` , `DateInserted` )
    VALUES ( 1, NULL , 2, 1, NULL , 'Welcome to Vanilla!', NULL , 0, NULL , '2010-12-12 18:38:50' ) , ( 2, NULL , 14, 1, NULL , 'discusion', NULL , 0, 1, '2010-12-12 18:41:13' ) ;

MySQL ha dicho: Documentación
    #1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
  • Options
    Well, before you import, you should delete the old data because some of the tables have Primary Key constraints and by importing, you are not REPLACING, but ADDING the data to the existent structure. Still, I do not suggest you deleting the data unless you are sure that is what you want to do.

/cd