Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

security features question, anonymous posting and gpg communication

bobthemanbobtheman
edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been pondering the idea of anonymous posting capability in cor with the recent occurrence with bills like the FCC net neutrality that passed and the upcoming privacy bills. When users are being blocked from websites, services, and Internet service in general, then the users are being tracked, located, and prosecuted for expressing freedom of speach.. i think its a good idea to implement some options to allow users to mask their ip address and settings that could be used to track a user.

then, anonymous posting would be pointless if the user could be identified by information stored in the database or cookies .. encrypted communication methods should be easy to implement, something with gpg.

any comments?

Comments

• Is there any method to allow anonymous posting ? I'm very interesting .
  • Here is a Quote form a earlier post about Anonymous posting I wanted to refer /link to:
    Mark said:

We have avoided anonymous posting for the time being because we don't have any "true" spam control in the core yet. It's definitely something we are interested in working on - allowing non-registered members to do everything from "liking" a discussion to actually commenting on one. But it is not on any roadmap at the moment.

Maybe they will add it to the "roadmap" once the bigger concerns / issues / ideas are implemented