Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Vanilla Porter addon] phpbb2 seems to lose 'body' of all posts

jrapagejrapage New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying to determine whether it's the export tool, or the import function on Vanilla V2... but either way, the body content of discussions gets lost in Vanilla from phpbb 2. Everything else moves over correctly. Old posts indicate this may be an issue with how discussionID is handled?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I'm not aware of this being a known issue.

Can you open the export file and see if the body of posts is there?

What old posts are you referencing? (Link)

Maybe @Todd can assist if you don't mind sending him your export file and/or database to investigate.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Hmm. I don't think I had a hand in the phpbb2 exporter. As I recall I couldn't even find a download for phpBB 2 anymore. I'll have to get a copy of your DB to find the problem.
  • Options
    I've had a look at the file exported and the body of all the posts are there.... so it must be an import issue. A few members have mentioned similar problems before so I didn't think I was alone. Part of the reason to moving to Vanilla is the forum I'm porting is huge and has been stuck in phpbb2 hell for years - migrating to V3 has not been possible, so that stepping stone to Vanilla is not available to me.

I've sent you a private message with a link to download a copy of the phpbb2 db as well as the output from the export tool (note: example phpbb v2 forum has been cut down to one board with 1 user and 5 posts for ease of use).
  • Options
    I have a phpBB2 forum to move: the issue has been solved?
  • Options
    I don't know. This was an isolated issue when it occurred. Try out an import and see if it works for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I've finally got a test phpBB2 db that exhibits some of this behavior. I've updated the porter (version 1.5.1) to address the issues with phpBB2.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/porter-core