Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Showcase: Vanilla CMS application

SheriffenSheriffen
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey!
I have since march this year been working on a small (but growing) community ( Jesus People - unfortunately in swedish) completely based on vanilla.

I have built my own support-kind of chat application but the application I mostly want to present is my CMS application

Here is some inpiration to all you coders out there:

Look & feel of the site, showing dynamic menu and usermenu

Showing the administration of the pages
The actual heart, the editor. Here you set parent pages, modules with asset and info, permission, urlcode etc etc

I have been considering releasing the CMS as a public application but as it is now it contains far too many site-specific details.

Please tell me what you think and I'd love to answer more questions and give more tips!

Don't forget visiting Jesus People to see what it looks like IRL!

ps. I love vanilla

Comments

• Bump: Does anyone have any interrest in co-develope this to release as an application?
  • I'm interested
    Great idea and id want to implement it for my site.
  • SS ✭✭
    Link?
  • I'm sorry I haven't set up a test environment yet but I guess I could, but just not yet.
    I'll let you guys know when I do!
  • I'd be very interested to test it! Not much of a programmer myself but I'd love to help out if I could.
  • Hello,

I'm amazed at the work you've done.
    I recently discovered vanilla (was searching for an alternative to classic forum software) and I have to say that I'm very excited with the beauty and ease of use.

but your work seems to push vanilla to a full fledged cms.

I'm looking forward to getting a grip on it, should you release it!
  • I'll give you a demo soon but there is loads to fix if it's gonna be released for going with the default vanilla. It's customized for my specific needs. But I guess I've come a long way, something to build on.
  • SS ✭✭
    @Sheriffen

Any news?
  • nice, if it was released as an opensource app, i would love to use it
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Look awesome, must have put a lot of work into that!
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2011
    Wow, I missed this first time around. What an amazing app! Put it up on github!
  • Love to help out on this!
  • This would be an incredible addition to Vanilla!
  • Thanks for all feedback! I havent been working on this project for a while but I will be looking into releasing this on github to get it going big time!

It's a pretty decent codebase but I have to make some things dynamic that are very site-specific today. Hopefully I will get it going this week!
  • Looking forward to it Sheriffen. You could even just put it up on github, and let us help clean it up.
  • For all interrested: I will be releasing this application soon in the Addons area but until then you can check-out the project on https://github.com/JockeGustin/vanillacms
    It's under heavy development and is going through deep rebuilding.

Please contact me if you want to help, it actually works pretty good and is a good core to build on!