Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Auto Feed Discussions 0.9.1 Released

2»

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Released 0.9.1 -

This release addresses a couple of minor issues related to added and removing feeds. Previously, blank or invalid feeds could be added. New checks prevent this.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• This plugin appears to just arbitrarily add the RSS feed to any of the categories?

Would it not be better if we could (should we wish) define the particular category to which it should be added?
  • Hey Tim,

I'm using a wordpress site to pull data from, and it stores the full text in the field.

Is there any chance of having Feed Discussions use this data if it's there?

I've had a quick look at the plugin, but I'm not sure how to debug what is being decoded. I tried changing $StoryBody = (string)GetValue('description', $Item); to 'content:encoded' but to no avail.
  • Bugs:

Adding new feed, unchecking "import older posts", all posts from feed get imported. What does this option stand for then?

When importing any blogspot rss, there are hidden tracker images. The problem is, these images are displayed as plain text (img code contains singlequotes instead of doublequotes, maybe problem is here). But this does not let using this plugin.
  • This plugin appears to just arbitrarily add the RSS feed to any of the categories?

Would it not be better if we could (should we wish) define the particular category to which it should be added?
    How does the plugin decide which category to post the content to?

• i installed this pligin here but nothing is importing what may be the cause ?
  • edited January 2011
    Same here. I installed this but nothing was importing. But I think I found out why.

I think it was because I deleted the powered by vanilla at the foot of the master default file. Once I placed this back, it began to import.
  • Any update on three things:

1) Importing a feed into ONE discussion? I'm going to import a 'Status' twitter rss feed.

2) Importing into only one category?

3) Filtering what is imported from a feed?
  • I have successfully imported the feed from Adminsitrator Dashboard. But But is no showing anywhere in forum. What's the issue? http://tablet.org.in/forum/ is the site I am trying to configure.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• edited May 2012

Desmanthus said:
    Really cool plugin! These are all posted in the same category and by the same user (admin) is there any way to change this? It would be nice if different sources could have different accounts.

This will be awesome.
    the next version must have this function.

• HELLO,

how do i get feeddiscussions to actually add feeds to discussion? i tried but nothing is displaying.