Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.17 Released

Comments

• I just installed the latest version
    Dashboard works, Forum is "bonked"

I´ve got this error:
    229: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);

Additional information for support personnel:
    Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.0.17.6
    PHP Version: 5.2.6
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4
    Controller: Gdn_Database
    Method: Query

any ideas??
    The same with me.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I just installed the latest version
    The same with me.
    This was my fault. I've uploaded a new version that fixes the issue. Sorry :/

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• What? Sorry? Absolutely no problem. You are developing the best free and opensource forum engine. How could we angry at you? Rather thank you for your hard work:)
  • I just installed 2.0.17.7 and had so many problems, bonkers, duplicate indexes, and now you guys were fast at fixing it. I'm going to try redoing my update from 2.0.17.5 to 2.0.17.8 (yes, eight) now. I don't like how the documentation wiki has a different way of updating. "Delete a few folders and then upload the whole Vanilla install" and here "just overwrite all of the files."

I think it would be better if we could get a separate package of "modified files" and a link to a separate Github with "list of patches and by-hand changes."

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Shadowdare I agree it would be better, but don't think that'd be a very good use of time at this stage.
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited January 2011
    @Lincoln: I understand. What about adding a variable in config to make the /utility/structure private and not visible to all users? Also, shouldn't the documentation be rewritten to say /utility/structure instead of /utility/update?

• I just installed the latest version
    The same with me.
    This was my fault. I've uploaded a new version that fixes the issue. Sorry :/
    aaah, damn! still the same problem ...

229: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
    Additional information for support personnel:
    Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.0.17.8
    PHP Version: 5.2.6
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4
    Controller: Gdn_Database
    Method: Query
  • where to post a suggestion for next release?
    I think the next version should update the Activity page seriously, version by version born but Activity is still the same.
    Thanks
  • SS ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Please, announce new config settings!

I discovered that in application appeared names with the same e-mail addresses...
    Because UserModel::ValidateUniqueFields() doesnt return False, because
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['EmailUnique'] = False;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['NameUnique'] = False;
    by default, but should be True by default.

I am disappointed, I spent half a workday to write a patch for my app :(
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2011
    @S: Thank you for sharing. :)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @S Shouldn't you get the new config settings when you upload the new config-defaults.php?
  • SS ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    @Lincoln
    I'm updating from GitHub vf/master, no such settings in config-defaults.php
    It was "hidden feature" for me until my people started report about stranges in work...
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    Please, announce new config settings!

I discovered that in application appeared names with the same e-mail addresses...
    Because UserModel::ValidateUniqueFields() doesnt return False, because
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['EmailUnique'] = False;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['NameUnique'] = False;
    by default, but should be True by default.

I am disappointed, I spent half a workday to write a patch for my app :(
    Hi S, not sure if i get what u mean, is this related to the bug on registration where user can register with an existing email address in the system?
    Even if the javascript validation says "Email Unavailable"... when u hit the submit button, the application will still pushes thru?
  • @S Shouldn't you get the new config settings when you upload the new config-defaults.php?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but during upgrade, I don't think any of the new config settings are getting applied to the existing config.

• SS ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    > that in application

@Aolee
    here I mean my custom application (not a vanilla forum). I dont use vanilla as forum. I like Garden (as Github says "our pluggable application development framework") ;)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but during upgrade, I don't think any of the new config settings are getting applied to the existing config.
    If you copy config-defaults.php during the upgrade (as you should) then that will add any NEW config settings but will not overwrite any existing ones you've customized in config.php.
  • edited February 2011
    If you copy config-defaults.php during the upgrade (as you should) then that will add any NEW config settings but will not overwrite any existing ones you've customized in config.php.
    Thank you for pointing that out as I did not know. Before my upgrade to the last several versions, I've looked in the docs, readme.txt and also readme.html and see no mention of copying from config-defaults.php

The post by Tim also has not mention of it. http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/134469/

Dumb question: do I copy and paste everything? There seems to be some duplicates. I can give it a try myself but am afraid I will totally screw it up. Appreciate your advice.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    config-defaults.php will naturally come along when you upload the new files. You can safely overwrite that file.

While @Tim does say "except conf/" in that Tips discussion I'd recommend always bringing the defaults file along as well. That was more to make sure you don't *delete* that folder, as that would be quite bad.
  • Awesome! Vanilla is the Wordpress of forums!
  • It also looks like "header" categories are not handled sanely in that they appear clickable but will take you to an empty page instead of listing sub-categories.
    this is because the concept has changed - a header category now is a category in itself. this is a bit confusing - especially as it lists the total number of posts in the left hand category list behind it, but when you click it it does not show all posts in there but only the posts that are posted directly in the header category. i struggle(d) with this myself.

This discussion has been closed.