Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Enable the My Profile sidebar box??

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to get the My Profile box as seen on the sidebar of this forum? The default Vanilla install and theme doesnt seem to show this.

Comments

• Options
    That's a custom theme modification / plugin that Vanillaforums is using.
  • Options
    Shame.. seems like a feature that most people would expect/want as part of the install if they see it on the demo here.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    take what you can get :P
  • Options
    Maybe with some logic you can figure out how they did it on this site :-)
    On your own site, when you go to your own profile, you'll see the same box, correct?
    Figure out which {code} they used for that box (it's in the template)
    Then try to put that {code} in your template.
    Does it get filled or does it stay empty.
    etc, etc.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    You can also just use CSS to move the menu in the header to the panel :) or, modify default.master.tpl.

Check the Ultimate Theme Guide http://vanillaforums.org/page/the-ultimate-theme-guide-for-designers for more info on theming.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2011
    This is actually a core module that you can turn on with a configuration option. Add this to your conf/config.php:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowSignedInModule'] = TRUE;
  • Options
    Thanks Mark, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Did I miss that in the documentation or are there other hidden modules we can enable via config?
  • Options
    @Mark I did that but it didn't work any ideas
  • Options
    never mind ftp issue