Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

404 Error when clicking "Sign Out" with categories/all as homepage target

drukargindrukargin New
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
On a fresh vanilla 2.0.17 install, after changing the homepage target to categories/all, the "Sign Out" button in the top bar redirects the user to

domain.tld/path/index.php?p=/vanilla2/index.php&p=/entry/signout/3SW88EDLT0GR&Target=categories/all

which results in a 404. A comparable result occurs when the homepage target is set to categories/discussion. /discussions and /activity are not affected, and redirect correctly.

Is there a workaround or fix for this that I can apply quickly? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• I have the same problem :(
  • I've updated the original post to include the "bug" tag. Hoping for a fix soon! I can't use this software in a live environment with this issue.
  • I've also posted a bug on the issue, as it seems a bug to me:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/issue/769
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited February 2011
    Similar problem in this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14692/sign-out-fails-page-not-found.-the-page-you-were-looking-for-could-not-be-found/p1 but let's keep the discussion going here :-)
    All problems regarding this possible bug can be found using the tag "404-error"
    This link : http://www.vanillaforums.org/discussions/tagged/404-error

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Is there any more info I can give, or assistance I can provide? :)
  • Me too.
  • I've determined that this only happens when a forum is installed below the root directory, as in:
    domain.tld/webroot/

When the forum is installed in the root, as in:
    domain.tld/
    or
    sub.domain.tld/

Sign Out works as expected.
  • therobtherob New
    edited February 2011
    Same issue with me, it is sending the user to this page:

domain/index.php?p=/index.php&p=/entry/signout/3AR1IUCZV6R7&Target=categories%2Fall

and it should be going here:
    domain/index.php?p=/entry/signout/3AR1IUCZV6R7&Target=categories%2Fall

it seems to be that little bit: "index.php&p=/" that is throwing everything out...if I delete it then all is sweet, but our users wont want to or know to click back and forward everytime they log out...
  • drukargindrukargin New
    edited February 2011
    This also occurs on forums that are using .htaccess rewrite URLs. For example, if the forum is installed at:

domain.tld/webroot/

Clicking sign out redirects the user to:

domain.tld/webroot/webroot/entry/signout/{...}
  • edited February 2011

Sorry, realised that it still show this page :-(
  • Found temporary solution:

add to your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = '/entry/signout/{Session_TransientKey}?Target=discussions';

At least it show discussions list.

Bug can be related to "/" in Target or something else.
    Error happens due to some wrong processing.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanx :-D that tip works..

But i changed the line to:

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = '/entry/signout/{Session_TransientKey}';

To return to categories/discussions and it works :-D

Thanx and credits for my moderator joppie!
  • Yeah, works perfect.
    It is hard to understand why we have Target in this case.

Any official support or support from developers exist here?
    As I see that problem remained unsolved for quite a time.
  • The developers are really busy and some of the regulars are away on business trips sometimes... We're all helping each other, that's what the community spirit is all about...

• I am ok with community spirit, but having someone who wrote this code is very handy.
    Problem with forums is lack of proper documentation for developers.
    And while we have some starter information, it becomes not so good deeper.
  • Problem with forums is lack of proper documentation for developers. And while we have some starter information, it becomes not so good deeper.
    And that is exactly the reason why I stepped up and offered to help out more. The documentation will be improved and the plugins can be tested. We just need as much help as possible.

• Thanks, I am also trying to help community as much as I can. :-)

• @mark have you seen this yet?
  • Great solution @UnderDog and @tester13 great community spirit, Thanks!! - Just wish I could contribute as much, as a noob sometimes it feels like you are just taking and asking for "free" help all the time...
  • I hope that @Mark will introduce real fix (not our temporary solution) in one of the next commits to unstable branch at github.
    Most probably that bug is also related to bug with deleted thread redirecting to 404 page.
    Looking at it I can see that Mark and few other core developers are actively working on improving Vanilla, fixing bugs, etc.