Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Multiple Active Themes / Detect mobile and activate mobile theme*

avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've just upgraded to Vanilla 2 from Vanilla 1 and a couple of my users have complained that the theme does not display well on a mobile.

My question is can I set up another theme on the same forum just for mobile access whilst retaining the full featured theme for everyone else?

Comments

• Good question and I've edited the title a bit.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I was thinking along the lines of just offering a different URL path but detecting mobiles! that would be brilliant,
  • As far as I'm aware my installation, currently using the default theme already does this. It auto detects mobile browsers and shows the mobile theme instead
  • I have to admit my forum is perfectly readable from my Android phone but the complaints have come from iPhone users. I am using the default theme at the moment but have tried others recently. I've asked for feedback on the current situation ie with the default theme active.
  • It auto detects mobile browsers and shows the mobile theme instead
    Is there some way you can double check this and make sure it works that way? I mean it's the optimal way, but in that case there's a difference between your default theme and mike's default theme.

• Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. My forum is perfectly readable on my HTC Desire but it does show the default theme not Mobile theme. Therefore as you say Underdog, my Default theme does not "auto detect" mobile browsers.
  • Ah! all is now clear, rockwaldo is correct. the reason I wasn't seeing the mobile theme from my phone was I had "allow mobile versions of websites" disabled on my phone. One of my members is now complaining that he has no search facility on the mobile theme.
  • That's great, that seems like the problem is solved and that vanillaforums detects mobile devices automatically.