Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Vanilla 1.1.4 Export with Vanilla Porter

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey everyone, our install of 1.1.4 was hacked so I'm doing an upgrade to Vanilla 2

The Exporter seems to work when I output to the server, however the file is only 6 megs when our database is ~250 megs

When I import the file, all of the conversions are imported, however only about 1/3rd of the actual conversation comments are imported. The rest are just a title + meta data.

I'm assuming that the file isn't being 100% exported because the DB is so huge.

When I export the file, the sceen just goes to white - is that supposed to happen?

Any ideas on how I can get all the conversation comments over too? I want to try installing 1.1.4 locally and then exporting it from there but I can't seem to find where to download 1.1.4.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Okay, so I've got it figured out in case someone else has the same problem.

1. Download mysql database from phpmyadmin (or your server backups).
    2. use bigdump.php to import that database locally
    3. Grab your current version of vanilla from here: http://lussumo.com/downloads/ - I needed 1.1.4
    4. install the old fresh version of vanilla and choose the "upgrade from 1.X" option. Follow the steps to complete installation.
    5. Use Vanilla porter to export to Vanilla 2.0 format. This didn't throw a white screen and allowed me to download the file.
    6. Import the file, wait, wait, wait, wait, Celebrate!
  • When I export the file, the sceen just goes to white - is that supposed to happen?
    That's probably a time-out on the server and you've set your local time-out settings to a longer timeframe. Good that you've figured it out :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.