Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Feature Request #1069] Installation Error 2.0.16 and 2.0.17

cs2cs2
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I tried to install Vanilla 2.0.17 on Ubuntu 4.4.1, but it gave an error rite away. then tried installing 2.0.16. Same error showed up. Any ideas? :-
Already tested the minimum requirements with phpinfo().

Fatal error: Gdn_Dispatcher::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/mydomain.com/forum/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/mydomain.com/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 549

Comments

• Did you get yours going cs2?

Mine says first thing when attempting install:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/:/usr/local/php/pear5') in /library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531
  • No not on ubuntu. I changed my server, installed debian 5.0 and i am able to install now but still get some funny message once in a while.
    Bonk
    Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.
  • I get the BONK message when I am on local Apache on OSX and I try to change themes.
    Still looking for a way to install on the remote server.
  • edited February 2011
    I have same problem here.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/:/usr/local/php/pear5') in /library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531

MySQL 5.5.9, PHP 5.2.14
    Trying to install vanilla-core-2.0.17.8 in root folder, so the path for actually correct.
    So I have /applications/ tho... there is no controllers folder.
  • Can you re- unpack all the files? Maybe delete the files first and then unpack them again? I think some files are missing and they're in the .zip file

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Nope, they are not in zip. As I look into zip, the /application folder holds only these subfolders:

conversations,
    dashboard
    skeleton
    vanilla

Nothing more.
  • So, any hints, ideas why it doesn't work or how to fix it?
  • I understand it's fault of the software, there is no solution and in general I should look for different product? Right???
  • Try to clear cache.
  • edited March 2011
    What happened in the end? I am beginning to wonder, having read through many similar inconclusive threads while hunting for a solution to my own technical difficulty, whether Vanilla hasn't got a technology gap. On one hand the very proficient are able to jive freely with this brilliant, if stylistically gloomy, application. Those who mercifully know little of the complexities involved truck on effortlessly, but the middle group, members who perhaps understand just a bit, are being left to sink or swim. I can well understand why but the time wasting involved with this experimental learning curve is frustrating. I wish the team's use of language was a little more knowing and a lot more careful, with perhaps a suggestion that some of us are going to find the processes involved difficult to resolve. :-) No criticism (um, except art criticism) intended ... it must be a huge task.
  • I got the same problem when trying to move the /forum/ folder to another place:
    Failed opening required '/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' in /library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531

Everything worked fine after I changed the 3 .ini files from /cache/ to match the new path: locale_map.ini, library_map.ini, controller_map.ini
  • ...there should be something in Vanilla that tries deleting the cache, it seems this issue is more common than the authors realized, anyways I'm not sure of the wisdom of caching absolute system paths.

Anyways I had this problem, just delete the cache, e.g. rm cache/*
  • ...there should be something in Vanilla that tries deleting the cache
    Good feature request! You know the drill: Make a gitHub report and post the number in this thread si'il vous plait.

• ...there should be something in Vanilla that tries deleting the cache
    Good feature request! You know the drill: Make a gitHub report and post the number in this thread si'il vous plait.

Done. Issue #1069: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1069

• I got the same error and deleting cache dosn't help. On localhost forum runs great but on serwer with subdomain it just don't even install. Hell, it dosn't work at all. Anything I do it goes to one thing - app throws an error. Don't think that is a request for feature, it seems to me like a serious bug.
  • @neosatan if your app throws an error you need to open a new thread and show that error. This feature request has something to do with timezones and smaudet posted his feature request on gitHub for that.