Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Pre-Populate Tags, or Title, or Body?

DarkWolfDarkWolf New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there any way to pull up a URL such as site.com/post/discussion?title=BLAH where as either the title, tags or body can be filled in automatically on access? I'm looking to deep integrate and having a link from one page to "start a discussion on ____" would be greatly useful.

Comments

• Options
    I like that. That would be a pretty cool feature :)

You wouldn't need to get it to check for a pre-existing discussion of that name first and redirect to it if it exists though.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    You could probably do this with a plugin that grabs the GET variable with $Title = Gdn::Request()->GetValue('title', '') and used $this->Form->SetFormValue('Name', $Title) before the render on the post discussion page (PostController_Render_Before, but check the RequestMethod is 'discussion').
  • Options
    I think that it can be done with plugin.
    You must look at post controller and related veiws.

I also want to integrate Vanilla with CMS via SSI, same as in AddIns application on this site (listing related discussions below article), but do not know how to do it yet.