Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Settings link for flickr plugin incorrect

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just installed this and for some reason when I enable the plugin and then click settings I'm just brought back to the regular Dashboard view with stats. There is no documentation that explains how this plugin should be configured or activated.
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 on this. Any ideas?
  • same here.
  • It worked for me. There was also a flickr category in the side panel of the dashboard that should bring you to the same screen. The config settings allow setting your flicker ID.

If you cannot get it to work, you could try my mod that allows individual users to have their own photo streams. It is not configured in the dashboard, but instead from the users profile "Edit My Account" settings:

http://www.vanillaforums.org/discussion/15385/solved-can-this-be-expanded-for-each-user/p1

I haven't gotten around to creating a new plug-in yet, so hopefully you won't have any trouble modding the existing plug-in.
  • TJ, There was not flickr category in the side panel. I'm looking to get a photo stream in there for an entire site, not individual users. Why is this not working? Thanks
  • when I enable the plugin and click settings I get a pretty blue "Page Not Found" page.
  • Hmm ... I need to look into this. What version of Vanilla are you guys running?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I am using version 2.0.17.8.

It seems trying to access a link that is not there (/settings/flckr/). When I check my ftp site where this is installed, there is no /settings/flckr/ directory. So I assume, when I activate this plugin, that settings tools/directory is not installed. Therefore, I can't configure it.
  • @digibomb with respect, was this ever resolved? i was hoping to use it but have the same symptoms
  • edited April 2011
    Same here, don't works on my hosting, just a blue 404 error page, even settings the deverror view doesn't show any details about the error, but you can put the badge code in your default.master.tpl file, in my case its on /themes/rounder/views/default.master.tpl, and just after the {asset name="Panel"} paste (Remove the space in the tags):

< div id="flickr_tab" >< script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.flickr.com/badge_code_v2.gne?count=123456789&display=latest&size=s&layout=x&source=user&user=YOURUSERID" >< /script >< /div >

Or for random images:

< div id="flickr_tab" >< script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.flickr.com/badge_code_v2.gne?count=123456789&display=random&size=s&layout=x&source=user&user=YOURUSERID" >< /script >< /div >

*Note the 123456789 and YOURUSERID, the first configures the number of pictures on your flickr badge, the second its your flickr user ID (the numbers with @, you cant find your User ID here: http://idgettr.com/).

Then copy the following to the end of your theme css (in my case rounder theme) /themes/rounder/design/custom.css:

.flickr_badge_image {
    padding: 0;
    float: left;
    display: block;

}

.flickr_badge_image a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #CFECFF;
    margin: 2px;
    padding: 3px;
    text-decoration: none !important;
    }
    .flickr_badge_image a img {
    width: 70px;
    height: 70px;
    }
    .flickr_badge_image a:hover {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #38ABE3;

}
  • +1 on this... running the latest Vanilla, can't get to settings.

Some help?
  • uniclueuniclue New
    edited August 2011
    Can´t find settings... :(

Edit: Can't remove from plugin-list either. using dashboard. maybe a connection there?
  • Same here.... should be "disapproved" until working again on the Plugins search page
  • Having the same issues. Did not read the thread because it's advertised as an 'approved' mod from vanilla. Obviously, that's incorrect. Now I can;t even remove it

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

skyforum said:
    Having the same issues. Did not read the thread because it's advertised as an 'approved' mod from vanilla. Obviously, that's incorrect. Now I can;t even remove it>

These responses are hard to interpret. ** SAME ISSUES AS WHAT?**

I just copied the plugin to my system to see if I could get to setting panel and could disable it.

To fix a few things - Change the directory name from flickr to "Flickr" when placing it in your plugins directory. This is something new plugin designers should be aware of plugin name $PluginInfo['Flickr'] = array( should always match directory name in case.

You should be able to disable it after the change. I can get to the settings page either way. I haven't tested the rest of it. But settings appears and dsable works when the directory name is changed.

Note: if you ever want to disable a plugin manually, you can always change it in you config.php
    e.g.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Flickr'] = FALSE;

or completely remove the statement.

you should also remove any lowercase flickr (after the above changes are made.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['flickr'] = TRUE;

you can also remove these if it is disabled.
    $Configuration['Plugins']['flickr']['UserID'] = '49912244';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['flickr']['NumPics'] = '9';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I am having the same issues as everyone else. Most posts in this thread describe what my problems are with it. That's what "same issues" I am talking about. I am NOT a coder. I came here because this community is supposed to be fairly stable then i try and only use those mods that have been approved by the Vanilla team.

I do have one question. Who approves these and do they actually test anything before they do?

• Another seemingly stupid question. I install it, I enable it, I assign the requisite code for it and other than the dashboard, I can't find it anywhere on my site. Any ideas? I have debug on and it gives me no errors

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

skyforum said:

I am having the same issues as everyone else. Most posts in this thread describe what my problems are with it. That's what "same issues" I am talking about. I am NOT a coder.>

Since everyone else is not having the same problems I don't have an answer. You don't have to be a coder to describe your issue. If somebody tries to help and wants to know your issue you don't need to defend your reply - you just give your issue, unless you are just trying to prove some point (unknown to me).

You ever hear of cut and paste :)

I came here because this community is supposed to be fairly stable then i try and only use those mods that have been approved by the Vanilla team.

supposed to be?? supposed by whom?? You are making a big mistake since about the only approved plugins are made by the developers of vanilla itself (at least at current time). Just because it isn't approved with a checkmark, it doesn't mean it doesn't work, it just means that no one approved it - which is another misstep with regards to encouraging developers. That is why "the community" needs to help the community by commenting more - good and bad on plugins.

I do have one question. Who approves these and do they actually test anything before they do?

the people who wrote vanilla. not everything is perfect in life. not even if you are not a coder.

The problem is some people wrote plugins in 2010 and before - aside from the distinction between vanilla 1 and vanilla 2. Things do change during vanilla upgrades with version 2.0 release. So something that worked for 2.0.13 and was approved might not work for 2.0.18.4

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.