Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Mobile

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
On vanillaforums.com "Vanilla Mobile" is listed among the features. I'd like to enable this mobile layout for my users. When I try to access my forum with my phone what I get doesn't look anything like the example on the vanillaforums.com feature page. On my phone the page looks more like a full desktop screen layout shrunk down to fit on a mobile screen.

Do I need to do anything special to enable the mobile layout feature?

I'm using a free account from vanillaforums.com

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    Try to access this forum from your mobile, and see if it works.
    If it does, you might not have a recent enough version of v2 installed.
    If it doesn't, please state your phone's OS and browser.
  • @BlueS are you using the embed Vanilla plugin? If so, try going to the URL of your Vanilla install rather than to the URL where you have it embedded. That's how mine works.
  • @luc I tried looking at this forum (vanillaforums.org) and it looks correct. So, it appears that the hosting at vanillaforums.com isn't running a recent enough version. Seems strange because they are promoting the "vanilla mobile" feature on their site.

@dudieboy I'm not using any plugin.

In case you are wondering, I'm using several different versions of Andr oid. 1.6, 2.2, and 3.0.
  • lucluc ✭✭
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @dudieboy - I checked out your vanillaforums.com account and saw that for some reason the mobile theme was not properly included. I've added it, so it should work for you now...
  • @Mark Thanks.
  • I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but is it Vanilla Mobile included as an option in the DIY downloadable version? or is just part of the vanillaforums.com version?

Thanks
  • I knew it was a silly question, I found the solution for my problem, I created a new directory in cache/Smarty and called it 'compile' then chmoded it to 777 and now regardless of what theme I'm using the iPhone Vanilla recognizes the device and uses the Vanilla Mobile, hooray !!!

Here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13671/bonk-error-message-theme/p1

Thanks anyway//.