Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email Notifications

I'm trying to accomplish this following:

1) A specific level of member are, by default, opted IN to the members only forum posts and comments
2) That same specific level of member can OUT out of receiving emails from a single post's comments, but not all comments
3) General members can opt IN to receive notifications for a post or thread, and then subsequently opt out.

Also, I'm trying to receive email notifications when somebody applies to be a member - that's not working either. I've seen a few threads about this but no clear path to resolution.

Thanks!

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    This will be a little hard to get in right now. We have plans of improving notifications in the future, but making changes that send out bulk email like you ask will put a lot of stress on servers and possibly blacklist sites as spammers.
  • It's not bulk email (though it's sent in volume), it's transactional email. It's triggered by an event that the recipient expects as a result of having signed up for the website, which is different from bulk MARKETING emails which are often treated as spam.

I happen to work with Postmark http://postmarkapp.com, a software product designed to alleviate mailserver stress and process transactional email messages and keep them from being treated as spam. Happy to discuss options and our experience, maybe even integration options to help each other (and your other users) out?