Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal error?

Whenever i go to the authentication tab and click on the proxyconnect I get this fatal error:

FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_PluginManager.xAvailablePluginFolders();

Does anyone know why? Using the latest vanilla software and wordpress 3.1.3
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    I need to fix an issue in the Vanilla 2.0.17.x codepath of ProxyConnect. That method only exists in 2.0.18.x.

If you want to get rolling immediately, download 2.0.18b2 (beta 2) and use that. We're about to release it as stable anyway.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.0.18b2

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I will try that later today on a test site, because I tried the beta 2 on my new site and it stopped working. I'll let uou know how it goes.
  • because I tried the beta 2 on my new site and it stopped working.
    @cultofiphone if the beta version stopped working, did you make a forum post? We don't want to go live and after a while somehow find out that the version will stop working, if you know what I mean.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• actually what happened is I didnt read the instructions and go to /utility/update so it wasnt working for me. Its working fine now.

But I still cannot get proxyconnect to work on the beta 2, with wp 3.1.3
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2011
    But I still cannot get proxyconnect to work on the beta 2, with wp 3.1.3
    Can you be a tad more specific please

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• once I configure all the settings in vanilla and wp. then go to test it sign out and everything. I click sign in and all it does is refresh the current page. Same thing with 'apply for membership' Ive uninstalled and reinstalled both plugins many times with the same result.
  • Problem is completely solved now. Im not sure what I did differently but I have it working now. http://cultiphone.com/forum