Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Markdown support (need to update quotes.js in MarkDown)*

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Could you add some support for people using Markdown please.
$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• What sort of support... ? A toolbar with formatting icons above the post area may be displayed at a future date, but I think you might have better luck by developing a plugin for that.
  • edited June 2011
    My request is for the Quotes addon. Right now, you "can't" use the addon if you are using markdown (The Quote button is there but it doesn't work). Nothing to do with a formatting toolbar.
  • Seems like it still does not work. But the version on this site is 1.3: I updated my quotes.js, and it works now. Why not release it, or just a fix (1.2.3) for this specific bug? @Tim

• Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is already answered, but I'm wondering if it's possible to link the quoted user's name correctly using Markdown as your formatter?

Currently the plugin just includes the user name as the first line of the quoted text rather than linking their name like it will for the html formatter.

Hope that makes sense!