Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

More Sub-Forum Levels?

edited November 2010 in Questions
Is there a way, or a plug-in that will allow you to make more sub-forum level for categories.

Right now there is only Parent Category (that you can't post to), Category and Discussion. One or two more 'levels' would be extremely beneficial for me.

I don't know much about anything other than making websites, but it seems like it would be easy to do.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I agree with Jimmy and would like to see at least one more level for the forums. This would give bigger communities a way to dissect/divide the conversations/topics.
  • I REALLY don't want to, but I honestly might have to find another forum to use because of this :(
  • I would also like to have this feature.
    I use vanilla for a discussion group that focuses on workgroups for different projects. It would be ideal to have a sub-level for discussions, to generate something like buddypress' "groups".
  • hyphyhyphy New
    edited July 2011
    You can do the following: Parent Category (Heading) -> Category -> Category -> Category -> Category -> Discussions

If you don't want users to be able to post into any of the categories leveled above the final discussions category, then that can be set with custom permissions.

I believe Vanilla even codes CSS for up to 14 sub-categories.
  • @hyphy: how can one create sub-categories and embed them in parent categories? I could not find any explanation about it. In another posting there was an indication about setting a category as a parent, but it didn't work (that button is not existing in the actual vanilla version!)
  • hyphyhyphy New
    edited July 2011
    Just drag the boxes containing the sub-categories descriptions in the Dashboard with your mouse a bit to the right of your screen and you'll see them automatically begin to branch down.