Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error in configure the Forum Vanilla 2 (English/German)

Hey Guys, i am from Germany but i speek (a littel bit) english. I Have a question.
I will Upgrade my forum from Vanilla1 to Vanilla2 but when i fill all the boxes to configure the forum he says me :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_AnalyticsLocal'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_AnalyticsLocal'

what i have to do ?

Pleas anser in english or german ;D

Answers

• I will not upgrade from Vanilla1 to Vanilla2, i know that's not to do, but i will have Vanilla 2.0.18
  • I am experiencing the exact same error message, but do not have a solution yet. I was attempting to update from Vanilla 2.0.14 to Vanilla 2.0.17, and receive this error message after I click "Continue" from the Vanilla Version 2 Installer screen:
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_AnalyticsLocal'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_AnalyticsLocal'
    I know I'm entering all the correct info in the form as I pulled it all from the old config.php file. I think the problem may be a compatibility issue between this version of Vanilla 2 and the MySQL run by my hosting provider (media temple). I don't know enough about MySQL to figure it out on my own, though. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
  • p.s.: I have a support request pending with my hosting provider, but have not heard back from them yet. I will report back here if they come up with a solution.
  • My hosting provider pointed out that I'm only running MySQL 4, so that is likely the problem. I'm in the process of upgrading to MySQL 5 now, and will report back on whether this fixes things.