Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Twitter Feeds Addon] Explanation How to use it*

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How can I use it and where?
Every addon must to have a documentation, help or How to use.

Comments

• Yeah, I'd like to know too. I just can no figure it out.
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    1. Download, install & activate the Plugin
    2. Go to your User Profile-page
    3. Click on "Edit User Account"
    4. In the very bottom, there is a new Textfield "Twitter Name" --> add the desired Twitter account
    5. Save the changes
    6. Refresh your Profile-page...
    Is this OK, @otto1303 & @theocas ?
  • @oliverraduner I activated it on my profile page. It showed me few of my Twitts but then titts disapeared and all I see now is a header which shows @mytwittername and nothing else. I published a Twitt to test it but still nothing.
    Most likely an issue with the newest build of Vanilla. I am still running 2.0.17.6 so I cannot test it at the moment... but I will investigate this issue and let you know when a fix is available.
  • Problem with version 2.0.18b. As soon as I upload it to Plugins folder it complitely knocks out entire website. Any idea why?
  • My problem with it is on my own profile. My Twitter name is : ol_hippie ,but when I enter it I get this message : Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long. hmmm...
    It showed me few of my Twitts but then titts disapeared and all I see now is a header which shows @mytwittername and nothing else.
    @berdia I hope it were not your personal titts disappearing ;-) Jokes aside, there was indeed an issue with gathering the *right* tweets. I have fixed this for the new release. This version will also (optionally) consider Retweets & Replies.
    I have to add though, that Twitter changed their API which of course influenced the functionality of the plugin...
    Problem with version 2.0.18b. As soon as I upload it to Plugins folder it complitely knocks out entire website. Any idea why?
    No clue what might cause this behaviour, I couldn't reproduce it. But anyway, as mentioned there will be a new version out the next few days - I have it quite finalised it already.
    My Twitter name is: ol_hippie, but when I enter it I get this message: Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long. hmmm...
    @olhippie Cannot reproduce this either, but have to check with Vanilla 2.0.18b if it might be a new restriction. Will consider it for the new release of the plugin.