Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do i get the discussion stats box on my vanilla site?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi All I'm new here, loving Vanilla so far but I cant seem to find the plugin / option to have the small stat box on each discussion.

Any help would be great.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• e.g. follows, views, comments
  • smoigecomsmoigecom New
    Answer ✓
    You have to install the Voting plugin. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/voting-plugin
  • Thanks for your help, I will try it later.

Also, is spam common with vanilla? Its my first discussion here and It has already been spammed.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Nope, since StopForumSpam has been enabled here (1 or 2 months ago), it's the first time IIRC.
    But when it's a human, using VPN or such (at least new ip's not already listed as spammy), there's not much you can do.
  • cool, I feel really special now! lol
    :-)
  • Ok, Thanks @smoigecom the plugin works great.

but...

I have noticed that on this install of vanilla we get the follows, views, comments boxes but the voting is disabled. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks again
  • lucluc ✭✭
    It's using the QnA plugin, and some specific CSS to display those boxes as it was before moving from voting to QnA.
  • Thanks again @luc. My forum is more for discussion rather than help so I think I will stick with the voting plugin and play with the css.

Cheers
  • I'm also assuming you added some modified code from the Voting plugin (class.voting.plugin.php->Base_BeforeDiscussionContent_Handler method) into the QnA class.qna.plugin.php?