Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla URL structure

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I tried to edit the .htaccess file on my cpanel account to let the URL structure as shown here:

http://vanillaforums.org/page/Controllers

I'm trying to get URL structure :

domain.com/discussion/whatever

but the problem is i'm getting is URL is stuck at :

domain.com/index.php=p/discussion

i tried to follow advice as per controller page and edited .htaccess but it's not working :|

how to set this up ?
Tagged:

Comments

• do you have
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE; in your conf/config.php?
  • edited September 2010
    Yes. I did that but there is no change in the URL's. But everytime i make this change in the file it goes back to false status.

how to change it now ?
  • Hate to bump the thread again. But this problem is not resolved as config.php is having 644 permission set to it which can't be changed and i don't know how to get URL's working in any other way.

Any help ?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Config file needs to be writable by the web server user or else you'll not be able to change any settings.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Hi tim,

Now you'll be surprised at the fix that i came up with for this issue. I copied the contents of config.php on notepad and saved on my desktop as "config.php". Then i deleted the cofig.php on server and uploaded the new file to server. It is working now. I think there is no way for me to edit the permissions for this file which is sad so this is the only fix.

Thanks for the help Tim and emkay. :)
  • candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I think it's related: how can I localize the URL in Italian?
    I have to change discussion in "discussione": is it simple? Would I have some problems with the addons?