Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Errors when performing moderation actions (such as delete discussion)

jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm running Vanilla 2.0.18b2 and I'm getting a very strange assortment of errors when performing certain moderation actions:

1) The first I ran into was a 404 error after deleting a discussion, I fixed it by manually changing the redirect url in class.discussioncontroller.php, as described here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/15381/deleting-a-discussion-ends-in-a-404/p1 It was redirecting me to /vanilla/discussions, but my install was in /forums/. This would only occur if I deleted the discussion from within the discussion itself.

2) The second issue is that if I delete a thread from the All Discussions view (by clicking on the Options drop down moderation menu), I get redirected to /forums/discussions. The problem here is that I don't have clean URLs, so /forums/discussions doesn't exist, it should be /forums/index.php?p=/discussions. The problem is I can't find where this is specified. Similarly, if I delete from within a specific category it tries to redirect to /forums/categories/categoryname when it should be /index.php?p=/categories/categoryname

3) Finally, if the homepage is set to the "Categories & Discussions" view, and I try to delete a discussion from there, it brings me to a blank page that just says "TRUE" (the discussion, however, is still successfully deleted), which is the weirdest behavior I've seen yet, and I have no idea what's going on. This also happens if I close/reopen, sink/unsink, and announce/unannounce. So pretty much every moderation action performed from the Categories & Discussions homepage completes the action and brings me to a blank page that says TRUE on it. Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

As a side note, shouldn't the All Discussions page auto-update when I close a thread? It will if I announce a thread, but I have to manually refresh to see that a thread has been successfully closed. Just curious.

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Go to https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden
    Hold your mouse over "branches" and make sure that "master" is checked in the menu that rolls out.
    Then click on the "Downloads" button.
    In the screen that shows, click on the tar.gz source or the .zip source. Make sure you can unpack it, so usually .zip is the best guess to download.
    Make sure that after "source" it says "master"
    And you're now downloading the latest of the best vanilla source.
    Install it locally on your localhost and test it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers