Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error redirecting after facebook sign in

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, I am using the latest beta and I recently noticed an issue in my forum. Whenever I use the sign in page (bypassing the popup) and use facebook connect, I get signed in but I am stuck in the login page. My fear is that users of my site may after being signed in, keep on trying to sign in because they are stuck in the sign in page.
I tried this here and surprisingly it redirected appropriately.
I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    they are constantly updating the beta.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• I am having the same problem have you discovered any solution for this ?
  • Just an idea: make sure you don't have javascript errors in case you modified any js!
    Errors in js files can stop running your page.
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    This is not specific to the facebook, it is true for all the other connects.

It is not an error, it is expected behaviour, as it redirects to the page you were on. Here is not running the beta, it redirects to /discussions. I guess they forgot that some use the page rather than the popup.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    It is more a case of the entry controller, it should redirect if you are logged in. Not just if you post back. I will report the bug.

grep is your friend.

• ok, thanks. i thought they used the beta here and worried why I didnt notice the behaviour here
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    they are constantly updating the beta.

grep is your friend.

• hungle88hungle88 New
    edited September 2011
    Seriously, how is this considered as an answered question, guys?