Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Downloading Error

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It will not let me download vanilla forum.
t just says 'not readable'

And just to make sure i can use vanilla forum on my site for free even if it is a custom site and can i embed it to my page which may have ads on is that aloud and if so what is all the services thing about?
Tagged:

Answers

• I thought it was joke, but it's true there is an error when trying to download the vanilla core, maybe it was for the output of the new beta, but surely they fix it soon. About the ads did not quite understand, and free test server is where you manage files httacces because some do not allow it lol.
  • i downloaded it now you just have to click the download link and before you redirect you click the other download link and it works and i will re explain the ads.

So i have a custom site and i want to embed the forum into my page but i have a sidebar and thats were my ads go so will i be able to keep the ads on the page were the forum is embed or not.

and i have the files on my server now.
  • Here's a tip. It's a bit difficult, but you can get the files this way.
    Click on the "Download Now" button and then press the escape key on the screen that comes next. You will see this text:
    Your download should begin shortly If your download does not begin right away, click here to download now. Need help installing this addon? There should be a readme file in the addon with more specific instructions on how to install it. If you are still having problems, ask for help on the community forums.
    etc, etc
    When you click on the "download now" link you will get your file.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yes, momentary problem, should be fixed soon. We moved this site a few times lately so something was bound to break.
  • Still not working
  • Look at my tip and try to execute it. Bumping the thread is no use. We know of the problem and it's being worked on.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This is fixed now.