This discussion is related to the Vanilla
We got a little sidetracked during our beta release process for 2.0.18. No worries! We're back on track for release now. Ignore that this is beta 4 - treat this as a first beta. Lots of features got added, and lots of stuff got changed.
I can't provide a responsible changelog. You'll need to check the GitHub commit log for that (and a hearty cheers to those of you who follow along and regularly pull and file new issues - much appreciated!)
Does this release fix every known bug? Nope! As usual, this is a nice mix of fixes and new stuff. If you have a pet bug that needs fixin', get involved on GitHub and send us a pull request.
Thanks for all the help over the summer! Hopefully we'll resume our faster release schedule now. Expect a VERY short beta / release candidate period before our final release, so get your bugs filed on GitHub soon.
Here's the usual details:
Download it from the addon site
- 2.0.18b1 - Added moderation, bans, logging. Fixed 50+ bugs.
- 2.0.18b2 - Fixed 12 bugs.
- 2.0.18b4 - Restarting beta with tons of changes and fixes.
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
Keeping track of new releases
You can follow our releases by pointing your favorite RSS reader at:
This feed will automatically update whenever we release a new version of Vanilla Core.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can add the following line to your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database: www.yourforum.com/utility/update (or www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update)
- Visit your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrade Documentation
and the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
0 · ·