Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is Vanilla free to use and host myself

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I see that vanilla is 'open source' but I also see some quite expensive paid plans? I would like to use the forum for my startup business, install it and customise it on my own server - however I am a little unsure if I can do this (or would anyone advice against it?)
Tagged:

Answers

• Yes its free to use and host yourself. click the blue 'download button' on this page (above) be sure to get the latest version 2.1.8b4 :)
  • Thanks Casmo, interesting you said version 2.1.8b4 - download link seems to be 2.0.17.10 (and am getting 404 errors) !
  • The lastest version can be downloaded here, sorry.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.0.18b4
  • However the latest version is BETA!
  • Yes the latest version is Beta and going in RC really soon. Usually take some time to get to know vanilla. That can easily be done with the Beta and RC versions (on your localhost!). Then when you're satisfied (and by then we're on final version) you can install it on your host.

There was an error rendering this rich post.