Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[GitHub Bug #842] Announcement glitch in /categories/discussions view?

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm currently using the /categories/discussions view on my Vanilla homepage at the moment, but I've noticed that announced discussions simply aren't visible in this layout unless the full category is expanded.

Is there a quick fix for this? I've tried poking around in the .php files but I have no clue what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Comments

• Bump - Same Issue
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I think I saw a fix in the last month for that in unstable. So it should be in the next release.
  • I think I saw a fix in the last month for that in unstable. So it should be in the next release.
    Any eta on that?
  • edited August 2011
    I think I saw a fix in the last month for that in unstable. So it should be in the next release.
    Any idea what files this would have been fixed in...I desperately need to have this functionality or my users will keep ranting at me about going back to phpBB!

• Ask @luc where the unstable branch can be found. Merge the unstable branch with a separate install of your site, compare the files.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited September 2011
    Sorry for the bump, but I'm having the same issue on both the most recent stable release and betas 2+4 of the unstable release. Which beta contains the fixed code?

EDIT: I just saw the announcement about the unstable and master branch merge, so perhaps this has something to do with it breaking again... Hopefully someone has a fix
  • same, need a fix soon :(
  • I just had a user report the same problem, and on checking he's quite right. I'm running on the latest stable release.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    In that view we don't put announcements up top. They will show up in the list only if they've been recently commented on. This is by design.
  • jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    In that view we don't put announcements up top. They will show up in the list only if they've been recently commented on. This is by design.
    I see what you mean but that's not how it seems to be behaving, as of 2.0.18b4 (just went back and tested it) announcements do not appear in the /categories/discussions view at all. I'll go check to see if there's a GitHub issue open...
    [edit] Bingo, updated it. There seems to be a lot of trouble and odd behavior stemming from the way Announcements get filtered out of discussion results, perhaps it can be redesigned.
  • edited September 2011
    That makes sense, but as jspautch said they aren't showing up at all. For example, if there's only one announcement and one ordinary discussion in a category, only the ordinary discussion will show up.
  • Im using 2.0.18b4 and no such problem ??? announcements stay up top in that veiw, infact they arnt sinking because they arnt commented on, which is apparently the design.

My announcements are translated to 'sticky'

http://camosreptiles.com.au/forum/index.php?p=/
    Camo we're talking about the /categories/discussions view, your forum is setup for the standard /discussions view, which is different.
  • Am I not understanding something? behaviour seems the same...

http://camosreptiles.com.au/forum/index.php?p=/categories/general
    That isn't the /categories/discussions view, this is:

http://camosreptiles.com.au/forum/index.php?p=/categories/discussions
  • camocamo New
    edited September 2011
    Oh I see, I feel silly. :p