Current release is 2.1.6
(21 Nov 2014).
Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 184.108.40.206
(1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.
Vanilla 2.0.18 RC2 released
This is NOT a stable release. BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND CONFIG.PHP FILE BEFORE UPGRADING. This is a release candidate for testing purposes only. I skipped releasing RC1 because I had 1 more patch to pull and messed up the git tag. Download it here
(VIA GITHUB - Do not use the Addons section on this site currently).
Thanks to everyone who filed issues against beta 4! It was very much appreciated. Special thanks to jspautsch, sbenes, zamrih, and petitben for contributing fixes since beta 4 that made it into this release candidate.
Changes since 2.0.18b4
- Fixed issue where user's IP address was returned by API
- Fixes drag-n-drop category organization
- Fixes setting of the Homepage view in Dashboard
- Fixes profile to not ask for old password if one was never set (via SSO)
- Fixed issue where footer would be hidden when clicking "More discussions"
- Enabled "Mark All Viewed" plugin in mobile
- Fixed user meta data bug that could result in data loss
- Fixed where advanced notification permissions weren't checked correctly
- Fixed case where bookmarked discussion would not show in module
- Fixed support for PHP 5.2 on Windows (fnmatch)
- Fixes SignIn target
- Changed default: Ability to view other members' private conversations is now 'off' and require adding Conversations.Moderation.Allow = TRUE to config and manually giving permission Conversations.Moderation.Manage to allowed roles.
- Adds 'AfterActivityQuery' event
- Turns off Embed by default
- Adds translatable strings
- Misc framework fixes
- Adds some inline documentation
We'll do more release candidates if/as necessary.
Here's the usual details:
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
Keeping track of new releases
You can follow our releases by pointing your favorite RSS reader at:
This feed will automatically update whenever we release a new version of Vanilla Core.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can add the following line to your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database: www.yourforum.com/utility/update (or www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update)
- Visit your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrade Documentation
and the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
1 · ·