Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

So... I nearly bought an iMac today....

Comments

• "damn Wacom not making a bluetooth Intuos tablet" - i might be wrong but i'm pretty sure i remember seeing a bluetooth tablet advertised somewhere... you might wanna take a hunt if it bothers you. I have a diNovo wireless keyb and mouse for my pc which i'd like to keep if i can get some mac software for it. The mouse is rechargable and the keyboard doesnt use batteries *that* quickly. What would be cool is a wireless keyboard with usb ports (i know it'd use the batteries quicker but it'd still be neat for occasional use) I think i could live with a wired keyboard, but i do like freedom with my mouse. What's so mighty about the mightymouse? Sorry to be anti-mac but doesnt it just do what pc mice have been doing for years?
  • the mightymouse - yeah exactly - but think how revolutionary the idea of more than button is to all those mac zealots!!!!!! it's great spin... when i was in the shop the sales guy was givining a demo to a couple next to me, and spent a good few minutes hyping up the fact that it could.... gasp... scroll... and right and middle click..... hahahahaaha
  • Now Mark, take the vaio and put a bullet through of it. I have had it with Sony products and I will no longer endorse their overpriced products, and at a later date I will do something about this tattoo.
  • To be honest, the vaio line of laptops arent particularly overpriced. If you look for the same spec in a dell or whatever (not that theyre perfectly priced either) you're not saving too many pennies. And the vaios come with the Xblack displays and the new line really are very sexy/thin/light.
  • Yes but it still doesn't change the fact that Sony is going to fuck you in the ass eventually at somepoint and you are funding their insane campaing of "everything not generally agreed on." Like, Blu-Ray, their supid Memory sticks, their Atrack audio encoding, and their latest fuck up of the RootKit in Sony-BMG music CDs.
  • iMac ordered today :-) 20inch with a gig o' ram. XP rest in peace. (Although I'm gonna keep my laptop running as a stripped down audio system for djing/live stuff)
  • LoOkOuTLoOkOuT
    edited November 2005
    Congrats... when is it scheduled to arrive? You do know that within 48 hours after you open the box you will get a note in the post from the big boss man himself, welcoming you to the cult... ahh... fold. Then you'll never look back... well, you can't really! And on your birthdays you get a letter from the Woz. Happy days.
  • Hopefully next week, getting it from local reseller so I can go hassle them if it goes wrong! Can't wait!!!!
  • ugh. i hate it when people get new pc's/whatever. it just tempts me more and more to dig deep and blow the lot.
  • I'd love to order myself up a top of the range Mac. I can't afford it and don't have the desk space though.

It's not hard to guess it's the second one that's stopping me :P
  • dont have the desk space? what you mean to keep your pc as well?
  • Hell yeah! I love my PC. I built it myself and it's only a year old. Runs great. I sometimes do an OS format for the sake of keeping it up to speed :)
  • minisweeper: yes they do, they have a bluetooth graphire tablet, which is the cheaper consumer range - except the bluetooth one is priced a few hundred dollars more than the wired graphire tablet - which is rediculous. In any case, I'm after the professional Intuos range. awesome 3stripe. enjoy!
  • 3stripe, you'd better roll out the red carpet for the arrival of your new center of life, and better not risk it and alarm the press aswell, but I must beg you to ditch lifepartner/children/animals for a week or so, or they will just get in your way as you get more acquainted with the new bueaty. Wacom Intuos3 A4 FTW!
  • Kosmo, yes... the girlf has been informed! I think my whole design style might go Aqua for a month or two until I get over the new bevels and drop shadows in my life. Heheh.
  • I warn you, it's hard to look for lost remote, you actually spend around 15 to 20 minutes trying to find the search box in your spotlight.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2005
    My vaio was faster, had more ram, a bigger hard drive, was $300 cheaper, and was sexier than the closest comparable toshiba I could find. I was a big toshiba fan for years (I still think their tech support and warranties are the best in the biz), but I couldn't argue with the numbers. Oh, and congrats 3stripe!
  • thankyou thankyou. actually my bro has a toshiba laptop. curvy blue and almost looks like a sports car somehow, nice!
  • i bought a new g5 about two months ago and im still going nuts over it.
  • [UPDATE] I'm getting a Toshiba laptop at work for testing web layouts on :-)
This discussion has been closed.